There's a cat in labor in the next room.

twotimingpete

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

okay, she had 4 total, which was surprising, everyone was guessing at least 6.

three of them have very interesting colors and patterns. the other is plain gold. the most interesting is speckled with a complex pattern of grey and white and orange with a distinctive white spot on the middle of its back.

the momma kitty has calmed down now and seems to already be on autopilot. I find watching them endlessly fascinating because, prior to childbirth, this cat was a total dope. Now it knows exactly what to do to take care of these little buggers. if one of them starts making a bunch of noise she responds right away. it's like she's received training and yet she hasn't. I find that aspect fascinating.

when my 5 year old niece came over after school and first saw the kittens (we'd been talking about them with her for a while now, so she sorta had an idea of what was going to happen) she was in total shock.. she almost had an emotional breakdown. she was crying over it. it was priceless.

I'll try to get pics up today.

• Members

good on you for looking after things.

my initial reaction is that someone owned this cat ... found it pregnant ... didn't want to deal with it and just turned it out to the wild. i may be wrong, but i'm probably not. humans are pieces of {censored}, generally. especially when it comes to animals and responsibility for caring for them properly.

i say have the mama spayed and find good, caring homes for the kittens. pet overpopulation is a huge problem and a lot of innocent animals wind up in horrible places and meet even more horrible fates because people just will not spay/neuter their pets. there's absolutely no excuse for NOT doing it unless you're an experienced and responsible breeder.

SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PETS, PEOPLE.

sorry for the rant. i love animals. and, again, good on you for looking after the mama.

• Members

Your country is full of too much deadly {censored}, no wonder you all drink too much:lol:

I really cant argue with this. At all.

:lol:

And Reality Check- yeah red backs are poisonous/deadly but at least they are small, slow and have the decency to stick to their webs... unlike those damn huntsmans whos purpose in life seem to be making people terrified of driving their cars at night!! :mad::cry:

I mean, {censored}, i think id rather share a car with a grizzly bear than a giant hunstman... again....

• Members

A few years ago there was a stray kitten in my Mom's neighborhood and she started feeding it. A few weeks later it had kittens and she pretty much latched on to my Mom's house as home base. So, then my Mom had to catch all the kittens, get the mother fixed, etc. She found homes for most of the kittens ended up keeping one and the mother on her large back porch.

Recently, one of her neighbors "anonymously

• Members

One morning my mom wakes up and hers the young cat crying. He is locked in a cage the neighbor had set up in his yard. He survived that time, but a few weeks later he disappeared and never came back. My Mom was pretty heartbroken, plus the other cat lost her buddy (who was her only kitten that remained).

Makes me think that guy is a huge dick and reminds me to never feed a stray cat... it's too much trouble. Additionally, with my dog cats seem to keep their distant from my house.
:idea:

Me and the neighbor would be having a little 'chat' after that, I think. There's no reason to act like that, even if the cat is pissing you off. There are a lot of people/places here where messing with a pet is on the same level to them as messing with a child, and that can end badly for the abuser.

:cop:

• Members

There are a lot of people/places here where messing with a pet is on the same level to them as messing with a child, and that can end badly for the abuser.

:cop:

Around these parts we give abusers 7 to 8 figure deals over a couple of years.

• Members

How does a spider as giant as that Huntsman sneak into your car? Do you leave your windows rolled down?

Huntsmans live under tree bark and have a flat body so they can easily squeeze through tight spaces... my cars also a convertible so im guessing its not as impregnable as most cars, i even think the smaller ones can get in through the aircon vents... oh and they definitely arent afraid to crawl in windows while youre driving...

• Members

Friend of mine had a pregnant stray show up at his house a month or three ago, and she dropped her kittens right there on his front porch so he made a nice little bed for them where she could nurse them and raise them in comfort providing food and water and a "safe" environment.

He is not sure if the food did it or what, but either the cat food, or the mewing of brand new kittens attracted a big fat killer racoon which showed up and promptly ate the cat food, and, oh yeah, he didnt stop there, he went ahead and ate the kittens too.

And to add insult to injury, he knocked down the birdcage hanging on the front porch , bent the bars on the cage and ate the bird too.

The mama cat immediately went into heat, got knocked up by any one of four or five cats hanging around as mama decided to make the porch her permanent residence, and now she is right back where she started, on the porch nursing four brand new kittens, probably all of four days old as I type this. They are really tiny and cute, but he has them locked in his studio now where they are safe, so no desert for the raccoon this time. :mad:

I guess it is only nature doing what nature does, but when he told me about it, I had to admit that I wouldnt have thought of that happening either and would have thought they were safe on his front porch too.

so the moral of the story is, baby kittens attract other larger animals that want to EAT them, :idea: so keep that in mind if you think about putting them outside.

It was an aweful story but mama cat is now happy and nursing her new batch of kittens. Hopefully they will stay safe.

Oh, and this same cat got locked in an abandoned car in the yard for nine, count em, NINE days with no food or water, and was still alive when they found her!!!! I think the lives she should have lost got taken out on her kittens. I didnt know cat lives were transferable like a sort of feline cap and trade.

• Members

I suspect it walks up to your car and grabs the handle and gets in, and then plays your stereo and rifles your glove box

lol

this stuff about the spider getting into the car made me laugh out loud, for real, it may be the first occasion that lol was actually used literally.

GRATUITOUS KITTY SHOT

funny_pictures_general_tired_kitty.jpg

• Members

Dogs are superior. Although Cats can shred....couches.

im a lover of both and have owned both,

you never need to walk a cat and pick up its poo at 11:30pm like you do rover

a cat goes discreetly in a box and covers it with sand like a mafia hitman in vegas

• Members

im a lover of both and have owned both,

you never need to walk a cat and pick up its poo at 11:30pm like you do rover

a cat goes discreetly in a box and covers it with sand like a mafia hitman in vegas

Actually I like cats a lot. There was always a cat in my life from the time I was 5 to 42. The problem I have with cats is that they always want to talk to me and they only know one word - "Mow". And they always want to engage in conversation at 3:30 AM when I'm trying to catch the ZZZs. I think I'm done with scooping the sand box.

Archived