Got fired today

Faber

• Members

Not entirely surprising as they are closing my department, but I had hoped to transfer to a different one. Oh well, I get paid till March 1. so that's four months of paid job searching. {censored} them - I was good at that job, and I jumped through every imaginable hoop to keep them happy

• Members

Content management/archive structures/database management(content) etc.

There is more out there than you might think. Depending where you live you should be able to get a job. Anything tech has a better chance than anything manufacturing. As long as you weren't specialized for your employer that is.

GL

• Members

There is more out there than you might think. Depending where you live you should be able to get a job. Anything tech has a better chance than anything manufacturing. As long as you weren't specialized for your employer that is.

GL

If anything I'm too much of a generalist - I know stuff in the most diverse parts of my field, and s there's usually someone applying that's ultimately more qualified/specialized towards that particular job

• Members

Absolutely
:D
So there's also the public sector although that's prety bleak in these recession times

I pray that you get a job quickly!

I got laid off, along with 4,000 others back in 2008 from AT&T, after 10yrs of service. Then, 2 months later, I got a job at my alma mater. The public sector, in comparison, is laid back and a great work environment.

• Members
Not entirely surprising as they are closing my department, but I had hoped to transfer to a different one. Oh well, I get paid till March 1. so that's four months of paid job searching. {censored} them - I was good at that job, and I jumped through every imaginable hoop to keep them happy

Very sorry to hear that and wish you the best.
:thu:
Doctor49 gave you some good advice.

I went through the same thing a a year and a half ago but got a new job and am back at normal income level and job position. It took a while and a lot of hard work.

If you must, take a week off. More to get your head right than anything else for when you start interview. Don't waste time though and hit the ground running!

Remember that men aren't measured by how they fall... but for how they get back up.

Best of luck to you.

• Members

Sorry to hear you loosing your job. These days, employers are looking for people with diverse skills as its a bonus having a few doing multiple jobs instead of hiring multiple people doing individual specialized jobs. That is what I've seen so far at my work.

I work for the State in the IT related field.

Archived