I'll be interviewing Richie Kotzen tonight!

Coverdale

• Members

Ask him why he sucked so bad in Poison.

I saw Poison once with CC DeVille (I think they were with Warrant and either White Lion or Winger) and they rocked.

Saw them again with Kotzen and it was like seeing Yngvie Malmsteen play guitar in the Beach Boys - no taste and didn't know how to just play the songs people wanted to hear.

• Members

I saw Poison once with CC DeVille (I think they were with Warrant and either White Lion or Winger) and they rocked.

Saw them again with Kotzen and it was like seeing Yngvie Malmsteen play guitar in the Beach Boys - no taste and didn't know how to just play the songs people wanted to hear.

People want to hear Poison songs? :idk:

• Members

I'd rather ask you what your beef with Kotzen is. If I'm not mistaken, you're the same guy who were ranting about him a few years back, while at the same time glorifying CC DeVille.

• Members

I'd rather ask you what your beef with Kotzen is. If I'm not mistaken, you're the same guy who were ranting about him a few years back, while at the same time glorifying CC DeVille.

No beef except what I said.

Yes, CC DeVille is a better songwriter then Ritchie Kotzen in that he has written a bunch of songs millions of people like (for better or worse).

I'm sure Ritchie Kotzen is technically a much better player, but I'm sure Yngvie Malmsteen has better technique then Chuck Berry - but I know who I would rather listen to.

In 1988 or 89 people did want to hear Poison songs (and as a kid who went to hair metal shows I can tell you it was a hell of a lot more exciting then seeing a dance routine which passes for a concert today).

Kotzen may have teh mad skillz as a guitarist but he lacks the sensibility to play the songs as they were meant to be played. Not everything needs to be a 4 minute guitar solo.

I just remember thinking they sucked with him.

Just my opinion - not sure what the big deal is.

• Members

He actually had an affair with their drummer Rikki Rocket's fiance'. Upon discovering the affair the band played their last show with him, threw all of his stuff off the bus in the middle of the night and took off while he was showering up after the show.

I give the guy mad props for his playing skills but that was a douche move on his part; you just do that to the people that give you your big break! Maybe age has toned him down a bit but back in the 90's he also came across as a bit arrogant, which I think turned off a lot of people.

Archived