Aaahh, MY EYES! - MY EYES!!!!!!

GAS Man

• Members

I remember when they first came out back in the 70's and offered Fender style models, parts, and kits...I miss that about them...
:(

For a while there in the 80s they were building the best Strats in the world. Those original PTs were awesome, too.

Back on topic. Ugh.

• Members

Does anybody on this forum actually like any guitar design that was conceived after the mid-60's or so?

The paint job on that guitar doesn't do much for me, but honestly... Sometimes you people make the guys over at tdpri look radically progressive and forward-thinking by comparison.

:poke:

• Members

Does anybody on this forum actually like any guitar design that was conceived after the mid-60's or so?

The paint job on that guitar doesn't do much for me, but honestly... Sometimes you people make the guys over at tdpri look radically progressive and forward-thinking by comparison.

:thu: Just what I was thinking... Me, I really don't like it, but no matter how much I might hate any particular design, I'd way rather walk into a guitar shop that had this on the wall along with all kinds of mad stuff than elventy billion basic Strats. Ironically, I'd pick the Strat a long way over most newer stuff myself, BUT I prefer living in a world where new stuff comes along all the time than the same old, same old.

• Members

Actually, even though I poked fun at that startling image, in my second post (post 6) I also stated that I thought it would be "pretty Rad" for some. The paint job is over the top, but the design, visually and functionally would be great for someone into those heavier gothic or cookie monster styles of Metal.

The metal guitar that I always thought I'd like (just to hang on a wall) is this delicious monstrosity.

434987.jpg

But playing it would be a different matter. Could puncture a femoral artery or tear my scrotum. :eek:

In a much more "classic sense" this is the other guitar I'd like to have for the wall.

769383.jpg

But in actuality THIS is the guitar that I probably will someday get to hang on the wall.

jayjtshark.jpg

Yep, I'm no slave to fashion. ;)

• Members

Fugly is fugly. Then, today and tomorrow. Fugly is timeless.

• Members

AGH! IM BLIND! No but that would be 1000000 times better if it were in flat black....it is, but im just saying that w/o that annoying spine graphic it would be better. Also i have always wanted the Dean Razorback Explosion to look at on the wall but it's far too pointy to play for me :poke: But that is literally the first guitar i had loved when i started playing. It was in a commercial in Total Guitar mag and i came. well....i half came. I came when i bought my Carvin (see avatar :D)

also i +1 humbuckerstrat's comment. It is actually based off of the Dean Splittail when Zakk Wylde first played it :) I love the metal edge of being a V with the classic sense of being double cut :thu:

Archived