Les Paul Jr Special at MF

fuzztone

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did the ones for $700 have a gloss finish and a hardshell case?

No, Gibson's naming process is all fucked up. :facepalm:

These are different than the old Junior Specials (I got one of those new on closeout for $499). The old ones came with gigbag and did NOT have P-90's but P-100's (stacked HB's in a P-90 shell). The old ones were not available in TVY. Red or black, and there might've been some in natural brown and green.

This should just be called a Les Paul Special, which is what it is.

• Members

I think I played one at Guitar Center a couple of weeks ago. It was nice, but not $1200 nice.

That was probably a different model. Was it a heritage cherry gloss finish with neck bindings that was selling for $999? That Les Paul special was an exclusive limited run Guitar Center edition only. You can't get them anywhere but GC. I think that one was much better than les paul special posted on this thread for $1200, which does not have a gloss nitro finish and no fingerboard bindings.

IMG_6967.jpg

DSCN1780-1.jpg

• Members

Weren't those the ones that were only available in Japan for a while? Seem to remember seeing pics of those in the spring of summer... NEway, nice guitar for $800, but $1200 is too {censored}in' much!

Yes, those are the same ones that were only made available for the Japanese market. I guess there enough demands for them, Gibson is making them available for the US market.

• Members

Yes this is the guitar that Gibson Made for the Japanese market but Musicians Friend got some. and by extension Music123 and Guitar Center too.

These have a gloss finish,Ebony fretboards and they come with a hardshell case.

I ordered one of the yellow ones and I got an email from Music123 saying they had shipped it and I will get it on Monday.

• Members

Fuzztone -- I have to confess to being somewhat confused regarding why you feel you need it right now, having just gotten (within the past couple of weeks) the 50s tribute model. Are you going all Bbreaker on us now?

:lol:

• Members

Yes this is the guitar that Gibson Made for the Japanese market but
Musicians Friend got some.
and by extension Music123 and Guitar Center too.

These have a gloss finish,Ebony fretboards and they come with a hardshell case.

I ordered one of the yellow ones and I got an email from Music123 saying they had shipped it and I will get it on Monday.

Ah, I would have gone with white, but you do like your retro colors.

I think you'll like the guitar. I know I like mine even though it's got the P-100s. It was actually one of my worst set up guitars out of the box, but after I took it to a Luthier who gave it a proper nut slot filing, I've been a happy camper with it. I've also A/B'd mine against my single p'up LP Jr and the tone is very similar, but I definitely prefer the Special with the added neck pickup options.

N'joy :thu:

• Members

Congrats Fuzz, that sounds like a great deal. MF/GC/M123 aren't the only ones to get these in though. They're a regular model for the US now (I believe). Wildwood had one in stock a month or two ago.

EDIT -- nevermind, the guitar at Wildwood, while being a single cut special, had a faded finish.

• Members

Fuzztone -- I have to confess to being somewhat confused regarding why you feel you need it right now, having just gotten (within the past couple of weeks) the 50s tribute model. Are you going all Bbreaker on us now?

:lol:

Ah, but you see, those "comp deals" are limited time only. That'll crank anyone's GAS. ;)

I had one of those offers myself once when Sweetwater canceled my order for a Gibson GOW model. It was an "at cost" offer that was burning a hole through my pocket. :lol:

With my normal estimate of cost = 50% of MSRP, that would suggest you might have done even better than most "at cost" offers. :idk:

Archived