Zakk Wylde: Live In Budokan

lincoln40

• Members

seen that concert ,he`s alright is zakk ,but i wish he wouldn`t gobb(spit) so much, sometimes it looks like a whole frog is coming out of his mouth ,friggin disgusting, imagine being on the front row and catching one of them in the face,although some of his fans might like that,plus he doesn`t direct them anywhere in particular he just launches them into orbit randomly ,however hendrix at the isle of wight just before going into machine gun at least has the decency to aim one on the floor.

• Members

Zakk is one of those strange players.... he has amazing chops and I wish I had even one tenth of his chops and skill but despite that his playing does nothing for me for the most part. He also doesn't seem to be able to compose an unaccompanied solo. Like someone else said, it sounds like a bunch of practice riffs and runs strung together with no real rhyme or reason.

And before anyone asks "well what you you done", you're right, I probably couldn't compose a decent 8 minute long solo either (not to mention I don't have the chops to keep anyone entertained for that long by myself) but then again, I'm not playing lead guitar for ozzy!!!

That said, I did enjoy some of what he played. Reminds me that I could use more time practicing.

• Members

don`t know why everybody has to instantly jump on the negatives all the time .all he`s doing is playing his signiture licks, although a couple do belong to randy, but at least he has a recognizable style ,which can`t be said for some some guitarists ,mentioning no names bonamassa.

• Members

He does have good pick hand control. That's a drawback of mine. I envy him for that.

I don't care so much for the 'muscle biker {censored} you' persona and I wish he didn't come across as being so hostile, but I guess when you're at that level of fame you don't have to please everybody, and in fact you get waaaay too many people wanting to be your 'friend'. Making yourself seem unpleasant or hard to approach might make sense at that level of renown.

• Members

I dont give a {censored} who is playing this but, when I am at a show and they break out with this "solo" crap it is time to go to the can or get a beverage. Normally you hear better sounds coming out of a bathroom.

Really. You're so awesome. Where can one go and pick up some of your awesomeness. You just such the {censored}ing authority on shows, please tell us the bands you manage. :facepalm:

• Members

He does have good pick hand control. That's a drawback of mine. I envy him for that.

I don't care so much for the 'muscle biker {censored} you' persona and I wish he didn't come across as being so hostile, but I guess when you're at that level of fame you don't have to please everybody, and in fact you get waaaay too many people wanting to be your 'friend'. Making yourself seem unpleasant or hard to approach might make sense at that level of renown.

Zakk, hostile. Check out his video, it's funny as hell. When I see his interviews he's wearing the BLS garb but he goes out of his way not to seem violent. IMO

[YOUTUBE]gEMEGc4uDKE[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I think he's a fantastic player, but he could have made all of his points in about half as much time as the solo lasted. Likewise, BLS albums typically have some good material, but could use more editing. I can understand how Ozzy didn't want his own band to end up sounding like BLS featuring Ozzy Osbourne.

Regardless, the guy has incredible tone and a very muscular, high speed unstoppable locomotive effect that I love in his playing. The OPPOSITE would be Kirk Hammett, who has a small, weak handed sound, very frail as opposed to brewtal. :cop: The sheer horsepower of his solos often helps lift good to mediocre songs to a higher level. He is a machine...

• Members

Zakk's a
great
player and I like that solo. It is what it is..showing off your technique for x minutes in front of thousands of people. Why not?
:idk:
..the audience seem happy enough. I'd
love
to have his alternate picking chops.

Why not? Because it sounds like crap. It's a stupid gimmick, and you can't tell me that the audience is going to be talking to their friends about how sweet Zack's 5 minute wankfest was the next day. I get that it's kind of a part of the whole guitar hero persona, but at least make it musical. Eruption is a good example of a tune that is meant to show your chops but it's actually musical enough to hold your interest.

• Members

I went to see Ozzy at the O2 in London about two months ago. Sadly, Zakk no longer plays for Ozzy. Instead, he's got Gus G from Firewind, who absolutely melted my face. It was a fantastic concert, though the support acts in Korn, Murderdolls and Steel Panther were... Bad.

Archived