GFS Crunchy PAT verdict

Crisco

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried a Fat PAT in my Tele's neck for a few months. Just wasn't a great pickup.

I mean, it's a definite step up from the super-low quality pickups on cheapo guitars.

But as an alternative to Duncans, Dimarzios, Gibsons, etc? Nope.

IDK, probably best to see GFS for what it is: great budget pickups for great budget tone.

• Members

{censored} you dick. I apologize to the OP. Not you though, I dont have to explain myself to children.

LOL he reminds me of this one guy that showed up here on HC 2.0 saying on a thread: "I have a nice guitar. It is red. It plays very well." I replied saying "I am sorry for sounding like a douche, but are you 7 years old??" He then said back "I accept your apology."

THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!! :cop:

• Members

lol this thread with lincoln40 makes me laugh :lol:

Sorry Crisco for stealing your thread with all of this nonsense. He's always interrupting to show off his 7 year old troll skills. I mean, look at his replies!! But, nobody can help it. Unless that is, Frets can be our hero and save us from this annoying nobody :thu:

• Members

Also dont waste your money on an american made strat or les paul. You can get a Squier, SX or Agile for a lot less. They are just as good!!

I think I can kind of make out the point you were trying to make here. Although, it's not quite working as well as you probably would have hoped. It's not exactly the best analogy in this case. I have the guitars that I have for many different reasons. And yes, you sure as {censored} can find a cheaper guitar that plays and sounds as nice or better than many more expensive guitars. This just proves your complete bias from the beginning.

I would bet quite a bit on the fact that you would not be able to pick out the GFS pickup in a bunch if they were not labeled. And, in a blind listening test you would not think they were any more "Inferior" than any other duncan or dimarzio pickup that you don't like.

Take a step back and think about what I'm saying. What reason would I have to argue this if I obviously don't mind spending quite a bit on gear? I understand if you were talking to someone who was extremely budget conscious, as their bias would be evident. But where's the bias coming from in my case? There isn't one. I went through a period where I had a hard time believing that I liked these as much as I did because they are cheaper. But, I'm over it.

• Members

I asked why no professional players use GFS pups. Think of it this way, they earn a living from their sound so unless endorsed by a company they are going to use what sounds best to them. doesn't have to be the most expensive either. Plenty of professional people playing Peavey amps instead of Bogner, Diezel, Framus, etc. Nothing wrong with using GFS pups, but they are budget pickups. IN MY OPINION, no, they are not as good as the major brands. There is a reason the major brands have been around so long. What guitar manufacturer uses GFS pups to put in their guitars. Cant think of any, why is that? What guitar company uses Dimarzio, EMG, Duncan, etc? Quite a few. Why is that? They could be saving a ton of money using GFS pickups that sound just as good. I guess they are idiots like me and think the major brands sound better, quality and consistency is better, customer svc, etc. If Jackson USA, ESP, Charvel,Gibson etc. started putting GFS pups in their guitars, do you think people would care? I don't think it would be a good selling point. But, hey, they are just as good pickups right? Like I said, I just dont think they are as good from my experience. Sorry if that offends you. I don't have anything more to say about it. Guess we can just agree to disagree on the subject.

• Members

I put a set of Fat PATs in an MIK Fender tele FMT..

I did not like at all. I actually liked the stock pickups better:facepalm:

I also tried one of the tele bridge pickups...Did not like it either.

Also had the P90's...Didn't have any luck with those either :(

I really did try to give GFS a chance. I really wanted to like their pickups because of the price. Just didn't have any luck. Duncan's for me:wave:

• Members

), they will remain operating the way they are. And just because Joe Famous doesn't use them doesn't mean they're not being sold by the dozens daily from their site.

Also, take a look at the gear Sinnerx96 lists in his signature. Do you think he really cares about saving $20 on a pickup to get the sound he wants? (Neither do I, for that matter.)

But the PROS earn a living from their sound and they are going to use what sounds best to them, James. They don't use GFS. Sorry if that offends you and your EXPERIENCE!

:lol:

• Members

No offense taken, however you're not really thinking about this clearly.

Also, take a look at the gear Sinnerx96 lists in his signature. Do you think he really cares about saving $20 on a pickup to get the sound he wants? (Neither do I, for that matter.)

Read the above paragraph.

Wow!!! I did take a look at the gear Sinnerx96 is using and I now realize I am soooooo wrong!!!! I mean Holy {censored}!!! He uses Peters amps!!!!

Archived