GFS Crunchy PAT verdict

Crisco

• Members

I bought the GFS crunchy rail pickup and had it in a Ibanez RGA121. I didnt like it. No clarity, note definition, thought it sounded like a generic cheap pickup to me. I guess Im one of those that also believe in going with the major brands like Duncan, Dimarzio, EMG, etc. if you want quality and good sound.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So exactly which GFS pickups have you used?

I have used the Alnico Fatbodies and the Lil Punchers...

One of my friends asked me to install them in his guitar because he didnt know how to do it. I warned him not to buy them cheapies, but did he listen? NOOOO. When I installed them they sounded like complete utter dog{censored}, cheap and weak. And I gave him the "I hate to say I told you so" lecture. You think I'd buy them after that. Hell naw.

• Members

I have used the Crunchy PAT and the tele version of a hot rail they make. That idiot hasn't used any I am sure... Anyhow all my guitars are loaded with Duncans right now. I really enjoyed the GFS pickups. They were very decent for what I payed for them. I like my duncans more but they are like comparing apples and oranges. If you are on a budget you cant beat them.

I'm sure they made your First Act guitar collection sound fantastic.

• Members

One of my friends asked me to install them in his guitar because he didnt know how to do it. I warned him not to buy them cheapies, but did he listen? NOOOO. When I installed them they sounded like complete utter dogshit, cheap and weak. And I gave him the "I hate to say I told you so" lecture. You think I'd buy them after that. Hell naw.

I think you're probably lying through your teeth. I've seen enough of your posts to believe that you are probably a 13 year old with little experience and a rather big mouth...

1166713_ca46_625x1000.jpg

• Members

Y'know what -- I've been posting here for over ten years and have yet to put anybody on my ignore list. You're getting pretty damned close, junior! I have no problem with folks who hold different opinions from mine and enjoy the repartee, but you're M.O. is to sit back and sling {censored} at people, and that's just not appropriate etiquette around these parts. If you want to be a jerk, there is plenty of room in open jam, but please try to be a little less pugnacious on this board. Trust me -- it's not cute, funny, or appreciated...

• Members

Y'know what -- I've been posting here for over ten years and have yet to put anybody on my ignore list. You're getting pretty damned close, junior! I have no problem with folks who hold different opinions from mine and enjoy the repartee, but you're M.O. is to sit back and sling {censored} at people, and that's just not appropriate etiquette around these parts. If you want to be a jerk, there is plenty of room in open jam, but please try to be a little less pugnacious on this board. Trust me -- it's not cute, funny, or appreciated...

Put me on ignore if you want. I don't sling {censored} at people, I tell the truth about products whether its good or bad, I tell it like it is. In case you didn't notice, and I suggest you read back all the posts in this thread-all I did was tell what I thought about this product, same thing OP did. Then the insults got thrown at me, i simply insulted back. Now I'm the bad guy? I think your principals are twisted. Again, look back at the thread.

• Members

But if I put him on ignore, half the thread will dissapear....

I have Crunchy PATs. There's a reason they are the cheapest HB on GFS site. That said, they do fill a need for some people, and they are very inexpensive.

I woulda put Fat PATs in it. Those F'in rock. My favorite GFS HB. But I haven;t sampled many others as I was so happy with them.

• Members

Raise your hand to get permission to speak! We have already been over this once! I bet your mommy isn't very proud of you. Cant follow simple directions at all, and doesn't play well with others. Year 2 of kindergarten will surely go better for you! Keep your chin up son.

Archived