December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

For my money I would take the Musicians Gear LP Case from MF. $40 shipped - but I would call them up and see if they throw in some picks or strings. I bought a MG HSC a while back, and asked the sales rep if he could throw in 2 cases of Snarling Dogs picks - and he did.

Linky

Geez, man, really? "Can you throw in fifty cents' worth of picks?" This is the way peasants bargain for food in the village square.

Have some pride, for God's sake.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was uncalled for dude.

Perhaps, but though I know Woody to be an upstanding forum member, that kind of bargaining behavior is truly unbecoming, and it's not behavior that should be recommended to others.

I worked in retail for a long time, and there would always be customers who would negotiate down to the absolute lowest price one could possibly sell a product for and, then, just as they were ready to pay for the item, they would say something on the order of "How about throwing in a couple packages of picks?"

To say no would make one seem cheap and could offend the customer, so you would have to say yes, but it was really squeezing water from a stone, and it was completely unfair of the customer to have to put you in that position.

The customer would leave, I'm sure, ego all inflated, thinking that they had accomplished something great; but I know for certain that they wouldn't like it if they worked all day and just as they were getting ready to punch out their boss would say, "Hey, how about working an extra ten minutes for free?" They would have to say yes, because the boss had the unfair advantage, and saying no would mean losing their job.

I promise you that it's the same exact thing when he asks to throw in a couple packages of picks.

• Members

Perhaps, but though I know Woody to be an upstanding forum member, that kind of bargaining behavior is truly unbecoming, and it's not behavior that should be recommended to others.

I worked in retail for a long time, and there would always be customers who would negotiate down to the absolute lowest price one could possibly sell a product for and, then, just as they were ready to pay for the item, they would say something on the order of "How about throwing in a couple packages of picks?"

To say no would make one seem cheap and could offend the customer, so you would have to say yes, but it was really squeezing water from a stone, and it was completely unfair of the customer to have to put you in that position.

The customer would leave, I'm sure, ego all inflated, thinking that they had accomplished something great; but I know for certain that they wouldn't like it if they worked all day and just as they were getting ready to punch out their boss would say, "Hey, how about working an extra ten minutes for free?" They would have to say yes, because the boss had the unfair advantage, and saying no would mean losing their job.

I promise you that it's the same exact thing when he asks to throw in a couple packages of picks.

Instead of attacking you, after you attacked my friend, I'm going to try to give you some advice.

It's very easy to imagine someone on the Internet as a monster. If they mention their political bent, or whatever, people start to imagine the worst Republican, or the worst Democrat they ever met. Something he said set you off. He really, really isn't that guy.

" I know Woody to be an upstanding forum member"

Everyone knows that. You need to reign in your imagination.

• Members

Perhaps someone is coming unglued..........

• Members

For my money I would take the Musicians Gear LP Case from MF. $40 shipped - but I would call them up and see if they throw in some picks or strings. I bought a MG HSC a while back, and asked the sales rep if he could throw in 2 cases of Snarling Dogs picks - and he did.

Linky

OMG - I'm glad I went to bed when I did. Actually at the time Snarling Dog picks were around $4 per case - I got two cases thrown in for zip. So $40 with $8 worth of picks. IDK - not so bad. My point is, it does not hurt to ask for a couple freebies even if your order is a small one.

• Members

You should just buy retail you morals are too high for good deals..

• Members

OMG - I'm glad I went to bed when I did. Actually at the time Snarling Dog picks were around $4 per case - I got two cases thrown in for zip. So $40 with $8 worth of picks. IDK - not so bad. My point is, it does not hurt to ask for a couple freebies even if your order is a small one.

Woody, I'm glad you went to bed when you did too. The attacks on you were completely unnecessary and unwarranted. Since when do we attack individuals in the Deals Thread for getting a deal?

Let's stick to posting the deals ONLY..

• Members

Perhaps someone is coming unglued..........

Not at all: Perhaps there are some of you here who would benefit from a little introspection. I stand firm that asking for a couple packages of picks on top of having received an excellent deal is unseemly behavior.

Some of you have forgotten a time not that long ago when one could not negotiate gear prices at all.

Instead of accusing me of becoming, in your words, unglued, I would urge all of us to be thankful for the veritable cornucopia of deals we have been receiving.

Copy and paste this somewhere, for I am certain that a time will come when the economy will turn around, it will no longer be a buyer's market in regard to gear, and you will think (perhaps, wistfully) about how brash--and silly--it was to have the audacity to ask for, on top of an excellent deal, a paltry package of picks.

• Members

Has anyone seen a really, really, REALLY cheap amp lately? I'm talking about the kind of amp you wouldn't want ever want to use if you didn't have to - one of those dinky computer speaker sized ones that come with Starcasters at Costco would do. I just need something that makes sound for a friend who's in between amps.

• Members

Some of you have forgotten a time not that long ago when one could not negotiate gear prices
at all

When was this? I know gear prices have been negotiable going back at least to the early 80s, and I'm sure it goes back longer than that...

• Members
^ tell him to get a mustang 1.

^^^

Oh - good call. So tell us more. Just looking for a practice amp? The Marshall MG series is cheap - especially used. Another thought I had was one of those plug in Vox mini amps - like...

541887.jpg

But the Mustang I is something he could use for direct recording after he got back on his feet amp-wise.

• Members

Has anyone seen a really, really, REALLY cheap amp lately? I'm talking about the kind of amp you wouldn't want ever want to use if you didn't have to - one of those dinky computer speaker sized ones that come with Starcasters at Costco would do. I just need something that makes sound for a friend who's in between amps.

Rogue G10 10W 1x3.5 Guitar Combo Amp $29.99 shipped - you could probably get them to throw in some picks to!!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-G10-10W-1x3.5-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=430834

• Members
^^^

Oh - good call. So tell us more. Just looking for a practice amp? The Marshall MG series is cheap - especially used. Another thought I had was one of those plug in Vox mini amps - like...

541887.jpg

But the Mustang I is something he could use for direct recording after he got back on his feet amp-wise.

On the Vox AmPlugs, I recently purchased the Lead, Metal, and AC30 from the American Express points mall, Together, they cost me $80 worth of points (some deal between AmEx and Amazon and the points). If you have an AmEx card, this is a pretty good deal and quite honestly, since AmEx teamed up with Amazon, I expect more deals like this in the future.
So, if you discount the value of points, I got all three for FREEEEE!

• Members

Not at all: Perhaps there are some of you here who would benefit from a little introspection. I stand firm that asking for a couple packages of picks on top of having received an excellent deal is unseemly behavior.

Some of you have forgotten a time not that long ago when one could not negotiate gear prices
at all

Instead of accusing me of becoming, in your words,
unglued
, I would urge all of us to be thankful for the veritable cornucopia of deals we have been receiving.

Copy and paste this somewhere, for I am certain that a time will come when the economy will turn around, it will no longer be a buyer's market in regard to gear, and you will think (perhaps, wistfully) about how brash--and silly--it was to have the audacity to ask for, on top of an excellent deal, a paltry package of picks.

When it becomes a seller's market, you can tell them how you stood up and condemned us lowlifes for taking advantage of them. Maybe then, and only then, will you be worthy to get a few free picks.

• Members

The one that every one is loving these days that's cheap is the Fender Mustang I for $99.99

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Mustang-I-20W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=H61791

But this Rogue for $29.99 better fits your description.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-G10-10W-1x3.5-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=430834

But just go to Musicians Friend for combo amps and then click on sort from priced low to high

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+338499&Ns=P_Price|0&rpp=20

• Members

When it becomes a seller's market, you can tell them how you stood up and condemned us lowlifes for taking advantage of them. Maybe then, and only then, will you be worthy to get a few free picks.

I will never stoop so low to ask for a few free picks, I promise you. I would have to agree, though, that you have some lowlife tendencies, so we have, at least, found some common ground.

I came here to post a deal (it doesn't come with free picks, though, so I won't post it), but I see that you, in your typical fashion, will not let it go, so I won't be returning. There is no need, then, for you to respond.

Archived