New Evertune bridge

scolfax

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

interesting but seems like it couldn't possible work well considering string tension on a guitar changes all the time while your playing it..

Very true. I wonder what the secret sauce is. All they say is "adaptive spring-tensioner".

• Members

I have a prototype of this guitar. I think the photos are actually my guitar. It really works. i used it extensively in tracking Deathless, the new CD from Throwdown.

It's a little freaky at first. You can set it so bends are impossible. Bend and bend all you like, and the E string still plays a perfect E. Crab claw a chord and it's still perfectly in tune.

With a little adjustment, you can have a small range of pitch correction, and still play bends. Definitely a rhythm guitar.

Bottom line: it's a great tool. No gimmicks, no electronics, a little tweaky in setup but really REALLY useful.

Thumbs up from me.

mudrock

• Members

I have a prototype of this guitar. I think the photos are actually my guitar. It really works. i used it extensively in tracking
Deathless
, the new CD from Throwdown.

It's a little freaky at first. You can set it so bends are impossible. Bend and bend all you like, and the E string still plays a perfect E. Crab claw a chord and it's still perfectly in tune.

With a little adjustment, you can have a small range of pitch correction, and still play bends. Definitely a rhythm guitar.

Bottom line: it's a great tool. No gimmicks, no electronics, a little tweaky in setup but really REALLY useful.

Thumbs up from me.

mudrock

Ok, so how does it really work?

Also, pics nao. Gutshots preferably.

• Members

Ok, so how does it really work?

Also, pics nao. Gutshots preferably.

There are pics at the top. And they are working on the website.

The way it works is this: You tune the string by adjusting the tension of a spring associated with that string. Once it is in tune, the spring maintains a constant tension. If you bend a string, the saddle at the bridge moves to maintain tension. High Gain chords sound amazing!

At the beginning of a day, the guitars would be a few cents out on one string, maybe. After checking tuning at the start of recording, it remains in tune, all day.

• Members

There are pics at the top. And they are working on the website.

The way it works is this: You tune the string by adjusting the tension of a spring associated with that string.
Once it is in tune, the spring maintains a constant tension. If you bend a string, the saddle at the bridge moves to maintain tension.
High Gain chords sound amazing!

At the beginning of a day, the guitars would be a few cents out on one string, maybe. After checking tuning at the start of recording, it remains in tune, all day.

That's the part I don't believe. It just seems odd that your first 2 posts here are praising a brand new company & product.

Seems like SPAM to me.

• Members

That's the part I don't believe. It just seems odd that your first 2 posts here are praising a brand new company & product.

Seems like SPAM to me.

I don't think it's spam. And the product isn't even for sale yet. We'll all decide as soon as someone here gets their hands on one!

• Members

In response to Chippy, I am not a Spammer. My name is Andrew Murdock and I record under the name Mudrock. My credits include Avenged Sevenfold, Alice Cooper, Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Lou Barlow, 50 Foot Wave, and Riverboat Gamblers, to name a few.

I am a hardcore ESP endorser and I learned of the Evertune through Todd Binder at ESP. Cosmos from Evertune has built a bridge into a guitar ESP gave me and is working on a bass.

I did join Harmony Central in order to respond on this thread. I am a member of Gearslutz, which is where I spend most of my time. I told Cosmos at Evertune if they built bridges for me, I would help get the word out, which is exactly what I am doing.

• Members

In response to Chippy, I am not a Spammer. My name is Andrew Murdock and I record under the name Mudrock. My credits include Avenged Sevenfold, Alice Cooper, Godsmack, Powerman 5000, Lou Barlow, 50 Foot Wave, and Riverboat Gamblers, to name a few.

I am a hardcore ESP endorser and I learned of the Evertune through Todd Binder at ESP. Cosmos from Evertune has built a bridge into a guitar ESP gave me and is working on a bass.

I did join Harmony Central in order to respond on this thread. I am a member of Gearslutz, which is where I spend most of my time. I told Cosmos at Evertune if they built bridges for me, I would help get the word out, which is exactly what I am doing.

I don't care at all for ESP guitars. Word is that the bridge will be available separetely. I may use it in a Warmoth build I'm contemplating.

So tell us, the guitar stays perfectly in tune? Not even very minor tweaks required at the end of the day?

• Members

I don't care at all for ESP guitars. Word is that the bridge will be available separetely. I may use it in a Warmoth build I'm contemplating.

So tell us, the guitar stays perfectly in tune? Not even very minor tweaks required at the end of the day?

Hi Northstar. First off, please give a few more ESPs a chance. They make some really great guitars. And not just for shredding metal either, although that is the core of their product line. I get a lot of guitarists in my studio who are initially put off by ESP, and then love them by the end of the project.

About the Evertune bridge; yes, it stays perfectly in tune. Because it is tension based, it even compensates for strings stretching. The one string we didperiodically check during recording was the low C, but really it held. We did check the tuning at the beginning of each day and would sometimes tweak the low C, but often as not tweak it back. I currently have a prototype that Cosmos at Evertune has told me is a little out of date. They are still fine tuning the design, I think.

I am starting a new project in January with a french band that I think will use this guitar a lot. I will have more feedback then. I have a bunch of guitars in my studio, so I don't use any particular guitar on every project.

As I mentioned earlier, I have the bridge in a ESP JH600. Thats a pretty metal guitar, so not everyone will take to it. I am hoping to convince Evertune to put one in a Les Paul or Telecaster next.

• Members

I guess I'm a skeptic. I find it hard to believe that a mechanical device can detect and compensate for the miniscule change in tension that would cause a string to go sharp or flat. It'd be cool if I'm proved wrong as I really like the way it looks.

Also...it's far too easy to post vids these days but we don't have one showing it in action...hmmm.

• Members

I guess I'm a skeptic. I find it hard to believe that a mechanical device can detect and compensate for the miniscule change in tension that would cause a string to go sharp or flat. It'd be cool if I'm proved wrong as I really like the way it looks.

Also...it's far too easy to post vids these days but we don't have one showing it in action...hmmm.

I was skeptical too. They are still getting their sh&^t together, I'm sure videos will follow soon.

• Members

I wonder if they're planning on working with Warmoth. I plan to order a custom SSS hardtail strat from Warmoth some day, and it'd be pristine if they offered the body route for this type of bridge.

I'm also hoping that bridge will come in black

:love:

Gold too, man, gold too. :cop:

Archived