New Evertune bridge

scolfax

• Members

It's a simple concept really.. The spring is adjusted so the it can pull the string at a specific tension. Each string has it's own independent assembly, so they're totally unrelated mechanisms.. The fact that bending has no effect should be no surprise, because as the tension changes, the spring will compensate for it.

Cool!!!!!!

But from a musical perspective, that's about friggin useless.. Who doesn't bend? And if you adjust it to where you can bend, what's the point in using it? This device = pitch correction for the guitar. "Go on, bend it wrong, we'll correct it!"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a simple concept really.. The spring is adjusted so the it can pull the string at a specific tension. Each string has it's own independent assembly, so they're totally unrelated mechanisms.. The fact that bending has no effect should be no surprise, because as the tension changes, the spring will compensate for it.

Cool!!!!!!

But from a musical perspective, that's about friggin useless.. Who doesn't bend? And if you adjust it to where you can bend, what's the point in using it? This device = pitch correction for the guitar. "Go on, bend it wrong, we'll correct it!"

From the company's website:

You

• Members

It's a little freaky at first.
You can set it so bends are impossible. Bend and bend all you like, and the E string still plays a perfect E. Crab claw a chord and it's still perfectly in tune.

With a little adjustment, you can have a small range of pitch correction, and still play bends. Definitely a rhythm guitar.

Sounds to be like you have to greatly exagerate your bends to get the same effect as on normal guitars, while nerfing the point of the bridge..

• Members

As far as bends are concerned, think of it this way: When you bend a string, it is the tension against the string that you react to as a player, not the physical length of the bend. This does not change. You may have to push the string a few millimeters farther, but the tension to bend a specific amount is unchanged.

Routing the body, well, thats unavoidable.

As a producer and recording engineer, I find this guitar very useful. Not every player I hand it to embraces it, but that can be said about many things (floyd rose, bigsby, b bender, etc.)

• Members

Cool!!!!!!

This would suck for Yngwie and Zakk Wylde with their vibratoes being neutered by this contraption as it would pitch correct their vibrato.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Really good video, to the point and answers some questions I had about it in terms of bending.
:thu:

I'll have to up that one degree and say GREAT video: One of the best product videos I've seen (short, to the point, anticipates and answers all the questions).

I definitely would want one, but what is the price on these?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've installed a few of these for Evertune for the NAMM show and here's the deal. It works as advertised. You can set it so it's sensitive to your vibrato, yet you can bend the note around the neck and back and it'll stay in tune. Like a friggin' piano. You can also set it so that you can bend and the note won't change...a weird thing to experience. Good for chord work in the studio. It acts like a regular bridge pretty much, but when the bandleader jumps into the next tune quickly, you won't have to worry about being in tune. I've seen a lot of guitar gadgets, and this is true innovation.

Archived