DL4 Water Damage?

Timmott

• Members

Long story short I lent my friend my Line 6 DL4 and apparently it got leaked on through a hole in his jam spaces roof. I tried checking to see if it works with batteries but it didnt power up. I would try the power cable but said friend lost it . Is there anything I can do to get it working again? I'm opening it up right now to check for oxidation or any obvious damage but I'm not too sure what to look for. Any help would be appreciated!

• Members

You don't own a broken DL4, your friend does.

I'm a 100% serious. This isn't your problem, don't spend or money on it.

He either has it fixed or replaces it. And Line6 will sell him a new transformer.

Don't let him make a sap out of you.

• Members

You don't own a broken DL4, your friend does.

I'm a 100% serious. This isn't your problem, don't spend or money on it.

He ever has it fixed or replaces it. And Line6 will sell him a new tranformer.

Don't let him make a sap out of you.

this

• Members

I'll try to work something out with him and see if he'll get me a used one or something. He's really shady sometimes though so I might be {censored}ed on this one.

Yeah. That's not a friend. That's a user.

I have no clue as to your age or position in life, but usually, as people get older we find we don't have the time and patience for users and let them fall away.

Unless they are family, then we are stuck with them.

• Members

I'll try to work something out with him and see if he'll get me a used one or something. He's really shady sometimes though so I might be {censored}ed on this one.

You are going to have to be firm with him then.

Unfortantely it doesn't take much current leakage when something shorts to blow a chip. A few V in the wrong place and *zap*.

• Members

Yeah he's been real sketchy lately..I've been thinking about cutting all ties with him. Doesn't treat my gear the same way he treats his and can't be counted on for anything.

Plus my girlfriend HATES him :o.

I'm 21 and he's 26 btw. I think I'm one of the only ''friends'' he has, probably for good reason.

• Members

Talked to my ''friend'' and he tried powering it up after it happened so I have little hope for it now. Atleast it will make a good paper weight
:cry:

Try the rice. It often works.

I tried powering up my iPhone after it went into a pool last year. It partially powered up at first. Then, I learned about the rice trick. I put it in raw rice for a couple of days and it started working again. I still use that same iPhone today.

• Members

Yeah he's been real sketchy lately..I've been thinking about cutting all ties with him. Doesn't treat my gear the same way he treats his and can't be counted on for anything.

Plus my girlfriend HATES him
:o

I'm 21 and he's 26 btw. I think I'm one of the only ''friends'' he has, probably for good reason.

send her round to discuss it with him.

Seriously,

If he declines the invitation to replace what he broke.............cut him out and move on.

Its a good lesson to learn that people like that NEVER CHANGE.

BTW The rice only works if it is still wet. If its dried already, it won't make any difference.

Archived