jack black demoed the GFS pedals.

twotimingpete

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah. so I see it has NOT been settled after all.

I always thought it was a close voice but NOT J.B.

I hear things in the voice that are different. I have a slight knack for vocal impersonations. I always have. Used to drive my friends and family nuts with it. Point is, I am good at it because I have a wierd ability to dial in on very minor details in peoples voices and inflections and I can hear things, actually ALOT of things in this guy's voice that convince me it is NOT Jack Black.

I could be wrong. There is a first for everything. :lol:

• Members

IS him. if you disagree I'll {censored}ing kill you

Lawl.

It's so blatantly obvious this isn't Jack Black.

First, Jack Black totally suck at guitar, he would not be able to noodle like that. Jack Black = power chords. Second, Jack Black's voice is kind of somewhat beefier, deeper than this guy's voice. It's subtle but distinguishable.

• Members

I've actually had an email conversation with the guy. He says he's not Jack Black, and I believe him. He gave me a web address like 2 years ago, but I can't find it. It was his personal page, with a photo, boots and all.. not Jack Black, but he is a very cool guy. I did invite him to come to HC, but as far as I know, he never showed up..

• Members

I wish he was a better player, but I think his demos are decent. He does tweak knobs and play around a bit. Glad he demo'd those pedals though. Saves me some cash.

Yeah, beggars can't be choosers. But since he's limited stylistically, alot of times he doesn't demo a pedal in the style its meant to be played. For example, the Zendrive mostly appeals to fusion type players trying to get the Dumble sound, not hammering out southern rock licks, so it's not a very helpful test. Proguitarshop generally does a pretty good job...especially their more recent demos.

• Members

I also thought it was Jack Black the first time I heard him.

But after doing some research, I found evidence suggesting he isn't Mr Black.

Take a look at the following video. You can clearly see a mole on his middle finger on his right hand at the 1:48 mark.

[YOUTUBE]qlrErdBDaoM[/YOUTUBE]

Now take a look at Black's hands in this picture.

rewind.jpg

Mole there is not.

It would have been cool if it was him though.

• Members

I dig his reviews and I'll very likely order one of his Time Bomb Boosts sometime this year, but it's absolutely NOT Jack Black. I think he kinda likes that folks think he might be Jack Black, so he doesn't respond to such questions, but it's 100% not him.

He owns a vintage shop and/or trades in vintage gear. There's a video of about 5 or 6 vintage guys talking about the state of vintage gear. He's on it, his name's there and everything... sounds just like him, but doesn't look anything like him. They just both play guitar, both wear boots and they sound strikingly alike.

• Members

Yeah, beggars can't be choosers. But since he's limited stylistically, alot of times he doesn't demo a pedal in the style its meant to be played. For example, the Zendrive mostly appeals to fusion type players trying to get the Dumble sound, not hammering out southern rock licks, so it's not a very helpful test. Proguitarshop generally does a pretty good job...especially their more recent demos.

I agree, but Proguitarshop is trying to sell pedals. Jack Black... I mean, gearmanndude is just a vintage guitar seller demoing pedals because he loves playing with all his pedals.

:lol:

Personally, I really like his reviews. My take is he's dead nuts honest and points out things that you can't hear in the clips. I'd say he's one of the two or three best resources for pedal junkies though like you, my tastes and playing are very dissimilar to his.

Archived