jack black demoed the GFS pedals.

twotimingpete

• Members

to those unaware, jack black (yes, the movie star jack black) is a real gearhead, and he demoes pedals on youtube as gearmann dude.

he recently put up demoes of some gfs pedals.

I know the good demoers make any pedal sound great, but still, that brownie seems nice.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wasnt there a controvercy as to whether this was really Jack Black or not? Has that ever been resolved?

Sorry, I never kept up with the outcome of that.

Cool demos.

GFS is awesome.

if you're familiar enough with jack black and watch enough of tehse videos, there's really no doubt. his sense of humor, the subtleties in his voice, the types of things he says in passing -- it's so him it's not even funny.

• Members

Don't think thats him. Sounds sometimes close to him....but listen real closely and I beg to differ. Plus, I don't think even as a joke JB would wear snake skin boots and gawdy skull rings.

This dudes riding Jables' coat tails. Hell if I was a chunky guy that could sound like him I'd probably do the same thing!

Just my opinion, still cool reviews.

• Members

Don't think thats him. Sounds sometimes close to him....but listen real closely and I beg to differ. Plus, I don't think even as a joke JB would wear snake skin boots and gawdy skull rings.

This dudes riding Jables' coat tails. Hell if I was a chunky guy that could sound like him I'd probably do the same thing!

Just my opinion, still cool reviews.

actually I think he'd wear exactly that. and it IS him.

• Members

actually I think he'd wear exactly that. and it IS him.

Just got done playing Brutal Legend for 3 days straight (good game, kinda short and easy. But, still cool)....doesn't sound like him. Its a good impersonation, I'll give him that.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Lets just get drunk to settle our differences. (if you're under 21....then....drink some Mr. Pibb and I now understand why you think it Brave Young Jables :D)

• Members

so he's a guy who sounds exactly like jack black and has him nailed right down to the subtle types of things he'd say, AND he's obviously rich because he owns an endless assortment of boutique guitars and amps and hundreds of pedals... all this and it's not jack black? gotcha.

• Members

None of those pedals sound particularly great to me - the Black Hammer sounds like complete dog{censored}, but the Greenie and especially the Brownie are okay and are probably better than most other OD/dists at that price so I guess Jay has hit his mark.

Is it just me or am I the only one who is not so enamored with gearmanndude's demos in general? I've owned a few pedals he has demoed and I never felt like he captured the sounds of those pedals particularly well, plus he is a somewhat limited player and for awhile he was just doing things from a camera mic which is not a great way to inform users of what things sound like. It seems like he might have miced these up right tho. Anyhow, better than nothing I guess.

• Members

so he's a guy who sounds exactly like jack black and has him nailed right down to the subtle types of things he'd say, AND he's obviously rich because he owns an endless assortment of boutique guitars and amps and hundreds of pedals... all this and it's not jack black? gotcha.

True, because there aren't any other chubby guys in the world with extra money who 'kinda' sound like Jack Black. ;) You might be onto something, I've never heard of a celeb impersonator trying to make a name for himself acting like someone famous.

• Members

This is funny because i hadn't heard of this fella til you posted this on here. I would swear, after having carefully listened to the subtleties in his voice, it sounds exactly like JB. What I think would be even funnier was if it was Jack Black's voice, but a friend of his doing the actual playing in the videos just to throw everyone off. Hence, the snakeskin boots.

• Members

Is it just me or am I the only one who is not so enamored with gearmanndude's demos in general? I've owned a few pedals he has demoed and I never felt like he captured the sounds of those pedals particularly well, plus he is a somewhat limited player and for awhile he was just doing things from a camera mic which is not a great way to inform users of what things sound like. It seems like he might have miced these up right tho. Anyhow, better than nothing I guess.

I wish he was a better player, but I think his demos are decent. He does tweak knobs and play around a bit. Glad he demo'd those pedals though. Saves me some cash.

Archived