Guitar Collectors.... what else do you collect?

-TJ-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With only three electrics and one acoustic, I wouldn't say I collect guitars. As a matter of fact, I'm working on bringing it down to two electrics and my acoustic.

Movies over the years, they seem to pile up over time but not a collection by any means, just a bunch of movies we like and they're about to be downsized, to get rid of the ones we don't care to watch again. Some of our friends will be getting a few boxes.

LPs and CDs... most gone hving been transfered to electronic media and now, I rarely get new ones. Mostly just buying individual tunes off the Web.

My other passion is building scale models. The funny thing is most of us into that hobby end up buying many more than you can actually build in a lifetime. I buy any kit I like and it gets placed in the racks that hold over 200 models now, where it will wait to be built someday or possibly traded for another. Again, not really a structured collection in any way. Just a bunch of models I happen to like.

• Members

With only three electrics and one acoustic, I wouldn't say I collect guitars. As a matter of fact, I'm working on bringing it down to two electrics and my acoustic.

Movies over the years, they seem to pile up over time but not a collection by any means, just a bunch of movies we like and they're about to be downsized, to get rid of the ones we don't care to watch again. Some of our friends will be getting a few boxes.

LPs and CDs... most gone hving been transfered to electronic media and now, I rarely get new ones. Mostly just buying individual tunes off the Web.

My other passion is building scale models. The funny thing is most of us into that hobby end up buying many more than you can actually build in a lifetime. I buy any kit I like and it gets placed in the racks that hold over 200 models now, where it will wait to be built someday or possibly traded for another. Again, not really a structured collection in any way. Just a bunch of models I happen to like.

Scale models? Cool! I used to do quite a bit of that myself and am thinking of picking it back up.

When I was a kid, I started with miniature soldiers (25mm) and made battlefield dioramas (mostly Napoleonic era) and from there got into scale models, etc. Great way to learn the details of history. I've accumulated a fair few kits over the years and my wife keeps wondering if I'm ever going to do anything with them. "One of these days..." I tell her.

• Members

Scale models? Cool! I used to do quite a bit of that myself and am thinking of picking it back up.

When I was a kid, I started with miniature soldiers (25mm) and made battlefield dioramas (mostly Napoleonic era) and from there got into scale models, etc. Great way to learn the details of history. I've accumulated a fair few kits over the years and my wife keeps wondering if I'm ever going to do anything with them. "One of these days..." I tell her.

Don't think twice, just get back into it.

:thu:

I used to only do cars but got fed up and after a 6 year hiatus, came back to now build military subjects and really love the historical fact searching part of it.

I'm mostly building aircraft and armor and dioramas has always been my favorites but I'll build anything that manages to find its way to my shop. Mostly 1/48, 1/32 and 1/35 scale.

I've met another couple of guys here that enjoy the hobby as well.

• Members

I don't collect anything, but I have terrible G.A.S. for hockey equipment and have in the past for studio/recording gear and drums/cymbals. With guitar and hockey, I'm always looking for the best or the perfect something, and that makes me buy and sell lots of stuff. Drums it's a lot harder to buy and sell so I usually just spent money on big things one at a time. Studio gear it was always buying more and more mics and upgrading pres/etc. Luckily I drove myself nuts and sold all that stuff, so now I just have one set of drums, one set of hockey equipment, and one guitar and amp.

Oh scratch that, I just bought a new amp last night and am thinking already about flipping my two amps and getting something else...not to mention pedals...ugh.

Archived