Guitar Collectors.... what else do you collect?

-TJ-

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

children.

:lol:

If I had the money and space I would definitely collect cars!

My dream garage would consist of:

Holden Monaro

HSV GTS coupe (aka the Pontiac GTO)

1970 Corvette Stingray

Subaru WRX STI 2door

Mazda RX7

Suzuki Swift GTI

Volkswagen Golf R32

Volkswagen Beetle

Porsche 911

Porsche 928

Toyota Corolla AE86

Just to name a few :lol:

One can always dream eh?

• Members

I also collect movies. Have about 900 dvds, 40 hd-dvds, and 30 blu-rays so far.

My other collection consists of comics. Lots of them. Here are a few pics I took a few years back of a choice few.

PICT0279.jpg
PICT0286.jpg
PICT0284.jpg

When put into perspective, it's a wonder why the wife puts up with my off keel list of spending priorities.

• Members

Clocks, cameras, vintage sports memorabilia, Batman- (thats a big one)- movie and TV character stuff, old fishing equipment,Coke, vintage diner stuff, 50's lamps, movies....my house sort of looks like a TGI Fridays.

• Members

I also collect movies. Have about 900 dvds, 40 hd-dvds, and 30 blu-rays so far.

My other collection consists of comics. Lots of them. Here are a few pics I took a few years back of a choice few.

PICT0279.jpg
PICT0286.jpg
PICT0284.jpg

When put into perspective, it's a wonder why the wife puts up with my off keel list of spending priorities.

Awesome! I used to collect comics, but no longer. However, I don't own enough guitars to consider myself a collector, really.

• Members

Used to collect coins, trading cards and airplane model kits. Now guitar collecting takes up all my resources. Wouldn't mind reliving my childhood and collect Pokemon cards again :lol:

• Members

Books primarily. Probably have 1000 or so volumes in the shelves, and another 500 or so boxed. Also, over the years and through my recent purchase of a new Nikon D7000, a rather large collection of film and digital cameras and lenses (primarily Nikon).

• Members
I used to collect plastic automotive model kits. I sold 150 of them at one point, gave about 80+ parts and started kits away, and sold probably another 50 -70 kits just last year and I bet I still have around 150 kits left.

Now, besides guitars, I guess I just collect parts for our three cars in the garage to build with ('20 Model T, '71 Duster, '85 Ram stepside).

I also seem to collect alot of side work in the fabrication/engine building arena. Just finished tubbing this 73 Plymouth Roadrunner today after about 6 months of work. Now just have to finish the two engines for other guys cars---then just maybe I can get to my Gretsch build thats been sitting for three + years.......

73RoadrunnerMKirsandra20.jpg

73RoadrunnerMKirsandra22.jpg

Reminded me of my older brother's Satellite Sebring Plus. His was blue, found this pic on the internet.
GLENDALE062108_010_234144634_std.jpg

He always had cool cars. A Goat, a Super Bee, "scariest car I ever rode in" , El Camino, Chevy II. I've never owned a cool car. Now that I'm older, and have some disposable income, I don't want one. If I had one, I would feel like it was my responsibility to preserve it. Wash, and wax it every weekend.

• Members

I used to collect radio controlled aircraft, hence my avatar. It doesn't take many of them to take up a lot of room. Sold them off recently and took up golf.

Now I collect golf clubs...

....and guitars....

.....and amplifiers.

• Members

I used to collect role playing games (Dungeons & Dragons, etc.) but moving to a town with a severe shortage of geeks to play with kind of put a damper on that hobby. I just couldn't justify spending money on games I'd probably never play.

• Members

I collect Amerind art and jewelry. I also collect books on Indian history and culture, and I have probably between 800 and 900 now. I am running out of space, so I am concentrating on pre 1900 books, including reprints, and Indian captivity stories.

oldMattB

• Members
Awesome! I used to collect comics, but no longer. However, I don't own enough guitars to consider myself a collector, really.

if youve got more than one acoustic and one electric, youre well on your way to guitar collecting :)

I was surprised to see the variety of collections here, neat stuff :thu:

• Members
Oh boy...well Guitars have been my only GAS for a while now as i have recently sold off my other toys FOR NOW but ive had a {censored}load of Motorcycles and cars over the years..here are just SOME of em i dont have pics of my 01 Harley Nighttrain, my Sporty and my Superglide and my Chopper on photobucket but here are some of the old toys
bullitt.jpg
stang2.jpg
dustsig.jpg
sigbaby.jpg
000_1525.jpg
000_1987.jpg
058.jpg
019.jpg
005.jpg
003-1.jpg
....Yeah i like Mustangs, Mopars, and Harleys!!

• Members

Stocks :)

I don't know if I've ever really been a collector of anything but I've definitely been known to spend my money freely and have a decent amount of DVDs, books, comics, video games, etc... I realized awhile back that i would rather be able to enjoy an early retirement as opposed to continuing to amass more stuff so my spending has really been curtailed with the bulk of my discretionary income going into my or my daughters' brokerage account

• Members

baseball cards and hockey cards, but not for several years now. Used to collect rocks, and still have a bunch of those somewhere. :) I have a pretty nice CD collection, but that's been waning as well. So right now, I guess it's pretty much just guitars, with lingering remnants of past obsessions.

• Members

I used to collect radios, including shortwave radios. But it got to be a space issue, so I stopped.

I also used to collect wristwatches. I have 6 Russian watches, including a couple from the 70s. I also have a rare LED watch from the 70s that's worth a lot of money now.

Now my big thing is books. I probably have close to 2,000 books. I have a sizable collection of books about spaceflight, planetary science, and the like.

Archived