Guitar Collectors.... what else do you collect?

-TJ-

• Members

When I was a kid I collected comics. Not specifically to amass, but mainly because I read them. If I had the money and room I would have a vintage motocross collection. I guess I would be called a guitar collector, but I buy them to play. Lately, I have been building my own guitars though.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What synths do you have?

KEYBOARDS

Roland V-Synth

Korg Karma

Korg Micro X

Novation X-Station

SYNTH MODULES

Korg M 3M w/ Radias exb board

Korg Wavestation SR, and Trinity Rack

Roland JD-990 w/ Vintage exp. board

Kurzweil K2000R

• Members

i used to have a few amps, but i've cut back the collection in the last year or two...

one thing i enjoy collecting are baseball memorabilia. mostly from ball parks i've been to (mostly minor league stadiums)... and i have a decent (and growing) collection of MLB McFarlane figures.

Baseball and Guitars are my two loves. And i really don't think i could ever chose one over the other

• Members

Nothing really, but then I don't collect guitars either.

I have a few really nice guitars.

I have a few really nice amps (but sold the nicest)

I have a nice BMW motorcycle

I have a couple of nice watches (yes, one is a Rolex, but I prefer the Citizen)

I have a couple of nice razors I use ('51 Gillette Aristocrat and '55 Gillette President)

I have what's left of my comic book collection (Amazing Spider-man issues #2, 5-8, 12-16, 29-350)

I find collectibles are just a way to tie up money and space and I prefer diversity. Since I don't nickle and dime myself, what I do have is...nice.

• Members

Used to collect old 70's and 80's PA cabinets and amps, It really got out of hand lol. I at one time had eight EAW super scoops I found for 100 bucks working and all. Four 80's SP2's, A ton of 80's JBL cabs and four huge Sunn pa cabs and finally an large variety of amps mostly Peavey and crest. Also a few old Yamaha mixing boards a Giant Peavey powered mixing board. I was into finding all this cool old gear for cheap and I really loved the visual shock when you would walk into my house. I sold it all off cheap when I realized I could take only a few things with me when I moved.

• Members

Nothing really, but then I don't collect guitars either.

I have a few really nice guitars.

I have a few really nice amps (but sold the nicest)

I have a nice BMW motorcycle

I have a couple of nice watches (yes, one is a Rolex, but I prefer the Citizen)

I have a couple of nice razors I use ('51 Gillette Aristocrat and '55 Gillette President)

I have what's left of my comic book collection (Amazing Spider-man issues #2, 5-8, 12-16, 29-350)

I find collectibles are just a way to tie up money and space and I prefer diversity. Since I don't nickle and dime myself, what I do have is...nice.

I can appreciate that, and I didnt mean collecting in the truest sense. I dont truly collect either, but I do have a nice functional selection of guitars, amps and effects etc. I meant more or less, other than guitars, what else are you into that you spend some money on, and do you own more of than you need. I dont consider one truly needs more than an acoustic and an electric, the rest is just a purchase out of passion.

What model Rolex by the way? I've got a very nice Eterna Kontiki and a fine german LIMES handwound, but I still rotate between two Seikos for my day to day.

• Members

I can appreciate that, and I didnt mean collecting in the truest sense. I dont truly collect either, but I do have a nice functional selection of guitars, amps and effects etc. I meant more or less, other than guitars, what else are you into that you spend some money on, and do you own more of than you need. I dont consider one truly needs more than an acoustic and an electric, the rest is just a purchase out of passion.

What model Rolex by the way? I've got a very nice Eterna Kontiki and a fine german LIMES handwound, but I still rotate between two Seikos for my day to day.

1959 Oyster. Probably more non-Rolex replacement parts than original these days.

Thinking about it, I did collect vintage effects in the '90's when they were the only affordable pieces of gear to get. Sold off most of them (the Univox Unidrive was the only one I really wish I still had...and the thing was a bitch to sell), but still have a few pieces that sit around and I won't give up (Maestro Fuzztone, Echoplex), but I think my '60's Vox Tonebender (Mk. I or 1.5) will hit fleabay soon, people are paying stupid money for clones of that horrid-sounding fuzz, that will get me about 1/2 way to the new Axe-FX II, I think it cost me $150 in 1996.

• Members

I was into Ford Fairlanes..............I had 2 of them.....a '66 convertible with a 289 and a '66 fastback moded with a 428 Cobra Jet.

I have to look for my convertible pics but here's some of the fastback (btw, I sold both).............

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

frontseat.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

• Members

I collect Amerind art and jewelry. I also collect books on Indian history and culture, and I have probably between 800 and 900 now. I am running out of space, so I am concentrating on pre 1900 books, including reprints, and Indian captivity stories.

oldMattB

Interesting. Have anything on the Chickasaws? I'm always looking for for more info on my people. :)

• Members

I was into Ford Fairlanes..............I had 2 of them.....a '66 convertible with a 289 and a '66 fastback moded with a 428 Cobra Jet.

I have to look for my convertible pics but here's some of the fastback (btw, I sold both).............

DSC00474.jpg
DSC00472.jpg
DSC00473.jpg
DSC00469.jpg
frontseat.jpg
DSC00465.jpg

Nice Fairlane!!! LOVE those

• Members

Nice bunch of kit!

Here's my studio. I think you'll recognize quite a few pieces in there. Not shown are my Roland JD-800, and Kawai SX-240. They are currently in the repair stack!

Milipod%202010%20-2.jpg

Awesome setup!

• Members

With nearly a hundred guitars again, people keep thinking of me as a guitar collector... I don't, I've got a ton of screw drivers, but I don't collect them, they're tools that I use.

Now I do collect swords, and not once have I run around in the back yard swinging them around. They may have been tools for someone else, but for me, they're just cool collectibles.

You want an expensive collection? I've got a buddy who collects ex-wives! :eek:

Archived