You want a Hello Kitty Strat?

honeyiscool

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I enjoyed this tune. Well arranged and recorded.

+1 :thu:

As someone who spent all of monday in a home studio trying to get down and record a song I agree verily, recordings hard! Especially when you have to do stupid things like "play in time" and all that crap! :rolleyes:

Also im no vocalist by any stretch of the imagination so by the time my friends finished autotuning my vocals (should be any week now) ill probably end up sounding like GlaDos...

• Members

Some haters in here.

First of all, this is a Squier Strat first and foremost, so it's a worthwhile instrument first of all, and a fun little take on one at that.

Also, fad? Hello Kitty is nearly 40 years old. It's no fad.

Of course, Hello Kitty is a shameless rip off of Miffy. Now, I'd rock a Miffy guitar.

• Members

I bought one, and tuned it wayy down. Play along with Godflesh, and other sludgy stuff. It works well for it! And it makes me giggle! I guess I'm being ironic, but mainly mocking irony and hipsters at the sme time. And I was convinced of it's worth as an instrument by honey's posts! -Adam

• Members

I bought one, and tuned it wayy down. Play along with Godflesh, and other sludgy stuff. It works well for it! And it makes me giggle! I guess I'm being ironic, but mainly mocking irony and hipsters at the sme time. And I was convinced of it's worth as an instrument by honey's posts! -Adam

I can't see why it wouldn't work for that, especially since it's a 25.5" hardtail, and that sounds fun.

Anyway, I take it as a serious instrument. My old pink Hello Kitty with the Seymour Duncan TB-5 has featured in nearly every recording I've made, including the one I posted. Believe me, if I thought other guitars sounded better on a recording, I wouldn't be using an HK for it.

• Members

You should use MeloDyne instead, it's really quite good at what it does. I use it quite a bit. I'm working on being able to sing, but it's taking longer than expected, so in the mean time, I'm letting MeloDyne take the place of skills.

I can't see why it wouldn't work for that, especially since it's a 25.5" hardtail, and that sounds fun.

Anyway, I take it as a serious instrument. My old pink Hello Kitty with the Seymour Duncan TB-5 has featured in nearly every recording I've made, including the one I posted. Believe me, if I thought other guitars sounded better on a recording, I wouldn't be using an HK for it.

Cheers for letting me know about MeloDyne, Ill look into that :thu:

Now i hate the idea of having to autotune my vocals in order to sound decent, but like you said its just a placeholder now until i (hopefully) get better or someone else records them for me...

Yeah the HK strat does cop a lot of flack, but at the end of the day its just a hardtail, single humbucker strat and a lot of people seem to overlook that... I want to put a white invader into mine, but im kind of reluctant seeing as how the stock pickup is really unique...

• Members

I want a pink one, but you're right. They are mostly going for some significant bucks these days. Quite a few are going for the original MAP pricing + shipping.

My days of cuddling up with the pink {censored} may have just eluded me. :(

• 1 month later...

Archived