Blown away I am...

Jkater

• Members

I rarely saw him playing this way with a pick (He usually uses a thumbpick).

This vid shows the other side of him beside the exquisite and witty showmanship that he's known for. He strikes me as a humble man. And "humble" does not mean "modest" but rather at peace and generous with his gift.

• Members

I've been considering taking up the piano, in part for the capabilities it has that guitar does not. But then I can just go to a Tommy Emmanuel video and be reminded of all the little things that the guitar is capable of that piano cannot do, such as harmonics.

Another thing, if you listen to the clicking sound of his pick on the strings its so even that you could confuse it for a metronome. Just shows how solid of a player he is.

• Members

I must go see him play one day. He's utterly amazing. I agree that he very much seems to recognize that he does have a gift and doesn't really place himself above other...course I could be wrong. It can be hard not to get a big head when everyone tells you how great you are.

Something that I'll never have to worry about :D

• Members

I think he may have not meant it as a joke but more of a "holy {censored} did you hear what happened" kinda thing. If it was a joke, lame.

I saw TE in Ottawa a year or two ago and he blew me (away). His guitar sounded so unbelievably good. The concert was in a church #badass. He didnt miss a note all night and had some unbelievable playing going on. Still one of my favorite guitarists.

• Members

I rarely saw him playing this way with a pick (He usually uses a thumbpick).

This vid shows the other side of him beside the exquisite and witty showmanship that he's known for. He strikes me as a humble man. And "humble" does not mean "modest" but rather at peace and generous with his gift.

saw him doing interviews when he has been here a few times.

he always comes over like this vid - open, instructive and basically enjoying the hell out of playing the guitar...

• Members

Wow that was killer, thanks for sharing! I'd hear of Tommy Emmanuel before but never actually heard his music.

I had picked up an album by this guy, Clive Carroll, a few years ago and really dig it. Similar kind of vibe it seems like, and when I hit YouTube for an example it seems as though he and Tommy play in the same circles - they've got some duets together.

Archived