Fake Gibsons

goatman

• Members

lovely. keep buying cheap {censored} and support chinese manufacturing.

the "middle class" wants to blame everyone else for their problems, but what it comes down to is either being too dumb to know or being too apathetic to care - {censored} like this is why they're killing themselves. refuse to buy at the prices that would require their "livable wage" to build; then wonder why no one will pay them to build anything.

keep consuming your garbage, assholes. it'll be your job shipped off next. and keep voting in those that pucker up for the "job creators." what a bunch of suckers.

• Members

I always love these....:lol:

Actual text from the ad.

Manufactory introduction

We play an important roll in guitar making industry with our superexcellent handcrt technique and advanced facilities, although we don`t have a long history. We have desired and make many excellent signed guitars for many great.80%guitars that sell overseas from na are made from our factory. Moreover we receive many praises from the guitar sellers all over the world.

A good news is that in 2008 we start a new program that if you own the guitar made by us ,you will be our all-around service target. We will answer any question that you meet with our best service and welcome to phone us to know more about our service.

Vivid characteristic

We n make all style of signed guitar for any bandsman and guitar seller .What you only need to do is give us your blueprint or describe the guitar you want ,inude the wood and the fittings etc. Our most vivid characteristic is that not only we n make all style of guitar you n find now, but also we n make a special guitar only for you to meet your needs.

Strict material selecting and manufacture

We have a very strict standard to select the wood .With our superexcellent handcrt technique we want to insure that every guitar we made has nice resonance and sustain unpled. What`s more , we n guarantee that all our employee have received strict training and have great technique on guitar making and a good apperception on music to make the best guitar.

Our Quality Assurance

We ensure that the material and workmanship of every guitar is unquestionable. Our guarantee to keep in good rep n satisfy you.

• Members

lovely. keep buying cheap {censored} and support chinese manufacturing.

the "middle class" wants to blame everyone else for their problems, but what it comes down to is either being too dumb to know or being too apathetic to care - {censored} like this is why they're killing themselves. refuse to buy at the prices that would require their "livable wage" to build; then wonder why no one will pay them to build anything.

keep consuming your garbage, assholes. it'll be your job shipped off next. and keep voting in those that pucker up for the "job creators." what a bunch of suckers.

truth is tough for some I guess. Head in the sand is just too easy for most.

• Members

The usual tells are: metric bridge, pup ring screws, scarf joints, lack of fret edge binding, wiring, TR covers, etc...

Sometimes they'll use pictures of genuine guitars, though the copiers are getting better. Ultimately, while they can look good in pictures I believe most just are pretty apparent in person that they are not genuine. I bought one from TradeTang to see for myself after doing my homework and was pretty disappointed in the end, it was Epi or sub-Epi in quality.

• Members
truth is tough for some I guess. Head in the sand is just too easy for most.

I wonder how many people do buy these things. It seems to me that most people here wouldn't, and not just because of the ethics of it, but also because you can probably safely assume that most of these instruments are pretty cruddy, no matter whether they look the part or not.

• Members

Crap, I spent months looking for a Les Paul and I was stupid enough to buy a Standard. Why didn't someone tell me that they make a superexcellent model???

On a seperate note, my wife bought what she thought was an iphone from a Chinese ebay dealer. The price, like the Les Paul in the ad above was too good to be true. She did receive her phone which was anctually a "chIphone". It really said chIphone on it, lol. We'll, it didn't work and was really cheap plastic but you get what you pay for.

Buy from trusted sellers!

• Moderators

On a seperate note, my wife bought what she thought was an iphone from a Chinese ebay dealer. The price, like the Les Paul in the ad above was too good to be true. She did receive her phone which was anctually a "chIphone". It really said chIphone on it, lol. We'll, it didn't work and was really cheap plastic but you get what you pay for.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/08/woman-gets-the-deal-of-a-lifetime-on-a-fake-ipad

• Members

I wonder how many people do buy these things.

I suspect they sell a lot of them to people outside the US and Western Europe. To our sensibilities the stilted English, bad web design, and pictures obviously lifted from other vendors just scream

• Members

Crap, I spent months looking for a Les Paul and I was stupid enough to buy a Standard. Why didn't someone tell me that they make a
superexcellent
model???

Buy from trusted sellers!

I didn't hear her complain about the 'Loobster.'

• Members

If the price isnt a clue,

Its easy to tell.

Look at the shot of the back.

The headstock doesnt tilt back at an angle like a gibson,

The headstock is cut like a Fender parallel to the neck.

Kind of hard to tell from those pictures what the angle is. I believe those pictures are of a real Gibson, not the guitar you will actually receive.

Archived