Cemetary worker steals Tele from war vet's casket.

caveman

• Members

OK first of all you ruin your job over a 2K tele? When I read the first bit where it said "valuable fender" I'm thinking 50's or 60's. So it ends up being what? Probably a newer custom shop or maybe a 70's? What an idiot. I don't know what those guys get paid but even if it's low all you got to do is save well for a few months and you could buy that.

Second of all you don't friggin TELL some other dude you are going to steal it. What a knob.

• Members

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to bury yourself with something worth $? Something that could be sold to help offset the cost of the funeral? Or something that could be sold and the $ given to family members? Or something that could be sold and donated to charity?

I can see your point of view, but at the same time, the deceased's wishes should be honored.

• Members

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to bury yourself with something worth $? Something that could be sold to help offset the cost of the funeral? Or something that could be sold and the $ given to family members? Or something that could be sold and donated to charity?

If the guy wanted to be buried with his tele then that's good enough for me.

• Members

As far as crimes go, this is one of the least offensive for the way I think. It's crimes against the living that bother me. Grave robbers have been around since the beginning of recorded history. Archeologists and other professional tomb raiders have no problem cracking tombs to look for valuable artifacts. That being said, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do under the circumstances.

• Members

As far as crimes go, this is one of the least offensive for the way I think. It's crimes against the living that bother me. Grave robbers have been around since the beginning of recorded history. Archeologists and other professional tomb raiders have no problem cracking tombs to look for valuable artifacts. That being said, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do under the circumstances.

+1.

And if nobody knew, where

• Members

Another reason not to leave jewelry or other valuables in a casket.

I've also heard that gold teeth rarely make it past the enbalming stage.

What a f^cked up world we live in...

I've been in the back room when working for a funeral home. At a reputable shop, anything they want to go into the ground or oven with the deceased, does in fact go. But if the family wants to keep anything - down to grandpa's gold chompers - yep, there's a guy that will take them out.

• Members

As far as crimes go, this is one of the least offensive for the way I think. It's crimes against the living that bother me. Grave robbers have been around since the beginning of recorded history. Archaeologists and other professional tomb raiders have no problem cracking tombs to look for valuable artifacts. That being said, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do under the circumstances.

Tomb and grave robbers were often put to death for the crime. Placing the tele in the coffin was a last act of love by the folks he left behind. Following his wish help them with closure. Not putting it in might have caused trouble in the family. At least he didn't want them to kill the dog and throw it in.

• Members

Are you serious guys? I understand if you disagree with him wanting the guitar to be buried with him. But you're taking a guy's side that steals something from a dead man's coffin that he loved so much? Wow.

He's dead: trust me, he has no idea what's going on.

Archived