I want to hear you play

jjpistols

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good to see you back, Tom, hope you enjoyed your holiday - did you know that you are "rough around the edges" to people who don't leave their houses?

now shut up and post some clips you {censored}er!

Hey! Ya, you're right. Every time I tell myself that I need to stop buying guitars and amps and start getting a little recording gear, a tracking number for an amp or guitar "just shows up" in my e-mail!.

And yes, I'm feeling relaxed and invigorated after my "vacation". Still not sure what it was about though.

• Members
I like it! I want more meatballs! SOIVICE!

whatever - my first recording rig cost $40

my current setup was $55

as soon as I started recording, and jumping in the jams here, I noticed some giant improvements in certain aspects of my playing, and dug myself out of a couple ruts I'd been lying in for years

prove to yourself you don't suck
:thu:

What can you get for that price that you can make clips with? Don't you need at least an Omega or similar to "get it in your computer"? And a program downloaded?

• Members

I don't know, here's a couple of clips. They were recorded outdoors last summer live on a $99 digital recorder deal a friend of mine has. They don't mean I don't suck, though. I do love doing what we do, though, and that's why I'm in it playing guitar. Blues.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=913522&songID=7248298

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=913522&songID=7248290

• Members

hell you got better tone than RR did - I wanted to hear the vox, I've never tried to sing Ozzy and imagine it would be horrible if I did

Something got horked up on the upload. I just reuploaded it. Try it again if you have time, the whole song is there:

http://wagner-usa.net/crazytrain_mixdown02.mp3

- and no, that's not me singing, just playing.

• Members

Two old ladies are sitting on the porch at the old folk's

home. One turned to the other and asked "Martha, you were

married a long time, did you and your husband have mutual

orgasm?"

The other little old lady sat and rocked for a minute and

said, "No, no, I think we had State Farm."

Had to throw in a joke here... Sorry!

• Members
I've got a digital camera that has a movie mode. If I did something on this and uploaded it to Youtube would that be ok?

I bet the sound quality would be {censored} (but my playing is 'cos I'm a noob/learner) but I'm game for a laugh.

Speaking of that, how much does one need to spend on a digital recorder to get decent quality recordings, especially the sound aspect? So many of those amateur concert recording clips have horribly clipped audio. Don't the mic inputs have any kind of automatic clipping/limiting?

• Members
I've got a digital camera that has a movie mode. If I did something on this and uploaded it to Youtube would that be ok?

I bet the sound quality would be {censored} (but my playing is 'cos I'm a noob/learner) but I'm game for a laugh.

will work - you may have to experiment with placement of the "mic" so it doesn't overload the signal

• Members

I don't know, here's a couple of clips. They were recorded outdoors last summer live on a $99 digital recorder deal a friend of mine has. They don't mean I don't suck, though. I do love doing what we do, though, and that's why I'm in it playing guitar. Blues.

this a new band? sounds badass to me

• Members

Disclaimer for those who wish to record, I would suggest following jj's model of "don't worry about it, just find a way to thow something down, after all, it's all about the expression" because if you think guitar gear gas is bad, you don't even wanna subject yourself to recording gear. It will literally make your head explode!

Plus......if you think there are gear snobs here, try hanging out in a recording forum some time. On second thought.....don't.

Here's an example: "there are no decent single channel mic preamps for less than a grand"

• Members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVTMHbEtAkE

that's all I got...
:(

a fake lefty!

do you usually play with a band? your timing is solid for rhythms, but kinda messy on the lead lick (which you already copped to) - is there a backing track for that song online somewhere? you should try to do the full thing :cool:

I'm not familiar with the real song, so I'm listening to it now, pretty nice

• Members

I'll do anything to appease the mighty JJ Pistols!

The only recordings I can find of myself right now are two things I posted on YouTube. One is a quick demo of the First Act Sheena and the other is a demo of the Gretsch Americana parlor-size acoustic guitar. Nothing spectacular, though it is a whole $130 worth of guitars between the two videos. :D

One of these days I should actually record one of the horrible songs I've written.

[YOUTUBE]PO4f5jlvmzo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]F4t9SddZsxM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
I know its different here on HC, but having gigged since the mid 70s and currently gigging, very few of the musicians I am around have any kind of gear for recording clips. How extravagant is you "clip-making" stuff?

Hi tlbonehead. Nice to see you back.

If your question refers to my soundclick stuff, the solo acoustic pieces were recorded in studios in Calgary and Montreal, the Jazzy Sax-guitar duets mostly at home with a Boss BR-8, The Big band gig pieces with a small H2 zoom portable recorder (badly positionned, sounds bad too...)
As to "Something stupid", I took this pic to post with that clip when I posted it here a short while back. They are the actual instruments I used. Then I used my pocketpod direct in the soundcard and I have Cakewalk guitar tracks as a multi-track recording software so, as you see, a very modest recording rig. I do have trouble to get a good clear bass sound on my recordings. Lots to learn.

Musucroom.jpg

Archived