I want to hear you play

jjpistols

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's a little song I made for a guitar contest thingy a year ago. I don't post very often on this forum and I don't really like this song because I usually don't like "Guitar Rock," only some. But check it out if you want.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=908577&songID=7204904

You can also visit my free guitar lessons website here:

http://codeshredlessons.com/

yup you is legit -- great playing, I should check into your lessons, I could use the help :thu:

• Members

JJ, you said outloud what many of us are often thinking. And you are right on the mark. I also find gracious your comment about how OK it is to be a beginner (it is indeed!)

I am myself guilty of not posting much electric stuff. I'm resolute to do it this year and I should start with the sticky jams where the regulars are so encouraging. But I do have a fairly recent clip where I play every track (except the female harmony which my wife does). The mix isn't great because I'm a nOOb. There's a bit of electric guitar in there (comping). It's nothing pretentious but it's decent enough to share here.

Something stupid

• Members

I only have one thing up on soundclick right now, but here it is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=744608

you a songbuilder! :cool:

here's a song I built, no looper, we just blindly laid down tracks with previous tracks on mute so we had no reference point -- fun and crazy, and somehow, still somewhat musical

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=615074&songID=7243155

songbuilding is a blast

• Members
JJ, you said outloud what many of us are often thinking. And you are right on the mark. I also find gracious your comment about how OK it is to be a beginner (it is indeed!)

I am myself guilty of not posting much electric stuff. I'm resolute to do it this year and I should start with the sticky jams where the regulars are so encouraging. But I do have a fairly recent clip where I play every track (except the female harmony which my wife does). The mix isn't great because I'm a nOOb. There's a bit of electric guitar in there (comping). It's nothing pretentious but it's decent enough to share here.

I know its different here on HC, but having gigged since the mid 70s and currently gigging, very few of the musicians I am around have any kind of gear for recording clips. How extravagant is you "clip-making" stuff?

• Members

did your town come without a Radio Shack?
:lol:

Actually, we have 2 of them. But when I walk into their stores, the sales clerks always ask me "can I help you with something".

Totally creepy. :eek:

I know they're just trying to intimidate me with all their connector/adaptor knowledge. :evil:

In all serousness -

I did download a free recording software a few months ago based on Frets99's advise. Once I find where it is in my computer again, and drudge through its tedious resource/user manual, then I can get to work drilling that 1/4" hole in my PC. :thu:

• Members

that is AWESOME!!!

I love this kind of stuff, cuz I don't know how to do it

I love your clips and wish you posted them more often

LEGIT!

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by riffy viewpost.gif

I really ain't got anything new to post man...

Y'all done heard mosta what I got.

Gary

I know you're legit

but post something for the spectators who won't put up but at least are shut up so far

K here are a couple a thangs man..

http://riffy1.googlepages.com/FunkRockJam.MP3

http://yp1cxg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p8W0Pjo31LZs1syQm79e0vN_HA5q5XV4Ul2dT9LJ5bUJ00U1P7eAt2qcIsB0c73GTGPtv4gfrI5I/Pauly'sBluz.mp3?download

• Members

if I was set up to record, which I'm not, I would prove to you how much I suck. But I claim nothing, ne we have I claimed to be able to do anything listenable on a guitar. I do all of my posting either at work or on my iPhone. I'd rather spend money on snorkledickery than on computer recording gear

• Members

Actually, we have 2 of them. But when I walk into their stores, the sales clerks always ask me "can I help you with something".

Totally creepy.
:eek:

I know they're just trying to intimidate me with all their connector/adaptor knowledge.
:evil:

In all serousness -

I did download a free recording software a few months ago based on Frets99's advise. Once I find where it is in my computer again, and drudge through its tedious resource/user manual, then I can get to work drilling that 1/4" hole in my PC.
:thu:

:lol: if any of us can help you from here, surely we'll try.?

• Members

nice work - is that you singing?

do y'all do all Church type gigs or do you hit up the general public, too?

some good versatility shown in the songs

naw im not the singer.

we do all types of events. had a lot of opportunities for public/church shows all the time.

we are really trying to make a "heavier" transition as 3 of the 4 in the band are ex-metalheads , but hey .

thanks =P

• Members

if I was set up to record, which I'm not, I would prove to you how much I suck. But I claim nothing, ne we have I claimed to be able to do anything listenable on a guitar. I do all of my posting either at work or on my iPhone. I'd rather spend money on snorkledickery than on computer recording gear

whatever - my first recording rig cost $40

my current setup was $55

as soon as I started recording, and jumping in the jams here, I noticed some giant improvements in certain aspects of my playing, and dug myself out of a couple ruts I'd been lying in for years

prove to yourself you don't suck :thu:

Archived