I want to hear you play

jjpistols

• Members
Thank you so much JJ! That means a lot to me.
:thu:

Hi tlbonehead. Nice to see you back.

If your question refers to my soundclick stuff, the solo acoustic pieces were recorded in studios in Calgary and Montreal, the Jazzy Sax-guitar duets mostly at home with a Boss BR-8, The Big band gig pieces with a small H2 zoom portable recorder (badly positionned, sounds bad too...)

As to "Something stupid", I took this pic to post with that clip when I posted it here a short while back. They are the actual instruments I used. Then I used my pocketpod direct in the soundcard and I have Cakewalk guitar tracks as a multi-track recording software so, as you see, a very modest recording rig. I do have trouble to get a good clear bass sound on my recordings. Lots to learn.

Musucroom.jpg

Thanks!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a fake lefty!

:thu:

do you usually play with a band? your timing is solid for rhythms, but kinda messy on the lead lick (which you already copped to) - is there a backing track for that song online somewhere? you should try to do the full thing
:cool:

I'm not familiar with the real song, so I'm listening to it now, pretty nice

Heh, yeah the leads a mess. I hadn't practiced it a whole lot. I did a few takes and I just kept {censored}ing it up so I put up the best of the lot. I'm in a band now but wasn't at the time that clip was done.

• Members

I am a begginer still,I do have a Jam Lab but it's having some conflict with my computer when I tried to install it. I suck but know a few riffs:facepalm: I also practice at least a little every night and off & on all day when I'm off though. I hope I never came off claiming I know it all but if I can be helpful in anyway or opinions on music I'll reply. I mainly ask questions:confused: I'm new to all the recording thing but that's what I'll be getting next because it's suppose to be a good learning tool also. I do buy to much though:wave:

• Members

Disclaimer
for those who wish to record, I would suggest following jj's model of "don't worry about it, just find a way to thow something down, after all, it's all about the expression" because if you think guitar gear gas is bad, you don't even wanna subject yourself to recording gear. It will literally make your head explode!

Plus......if you think there are gear snobs here, try hanging out in a recording forum some time. On second thought.....don't.

Here's an example: "there are no decent single channel mic preamps for less than a grand"

This is exactly why I don't get into recording. I've spent too much on gear as it is, I don't need another reason to spend money. Besides, I'd have to buy a computer first to be able to post anything. A friend of mine has some pro tools gear. One day I'll take him up on his offer to record me. Until then...

Archived