Who are the really good players on this forum who go "under the radar"?

Jkater

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, no offense to anyone here, but the last thing I really want in my life is to be appreciated by guitarists. I wanted to be appreciated by non-guitarists.

This.

I'm currently doing a show where I get a total of 24 bars of lead work in 2 hours, but it's one of the most challenging gigs I've ever worked. The meat of the show isn't in the things that guitarists look for....

• Members

If anyone is interested to purchase the tablature of Mike's arrangement of Yardbird suite (for six strings guitar), you can PM him through this forum. None of us can play it like Mike does but at a slower tempo, you might amaze yourself at how much you can nail at least some of it. It is very well done for guitar and that's why it flows so nicely. It uses familiar Jazz chords and it's much a question of getting the piece in your head before you tackle it on the guitar. I had enormous fun learning that piece with the tab and it did advance my playing quite a bit.

YardbirdsuiteSA2200.jpg

• Members

If anyone is interested to purchase the tablature of Mike's arrangement of Yardbird suite (for six strings guitar), you can PM him through this forum. None of us can play it like Mike does but at a slower tempo, you might amaze yourself at how much you can nail at least some of it. It is very well done for guitar and that's why it flows so nicely. It uses familiar Jazz chords and it's much a question of getting the piece in your head before you tackle it on the guitar. I had enormous fun learning that piece with the tab and it did advance my playing quite a bit.

YardbirdsuiteSA2200.jpg

So, he's not only a player's player, he's also a nice guy? No fair! :thu:

Archived