best guitar you've played!

samzadgan

• Members

So...this doesn't only mean the guitars you own, it could be a guitar that you've played in a shop and have fallen in love with.

In my experience...the ultimate guitar, and i don't own it, is the Yamaha SG1000.

...i played this guitar about 6 months ago...and i am hooked!

Now, its all a little subjective based on preferences and what you have and haven't played, but I think its a good way of opening up everyone's minds as to what else is out there!

Sammy

• Members

ohhhhh...this is tough... my favorite neck of all time is on my Gibson ES-137... but the upper fret access sucks... but as far as all round guitar goes, my SG Classic is most excellent... I love the big neck on it and the P90s are awesome, the only reason I don't use it more is because I find it just doesn't play right in Eb and that's what my band currently plays in... but if I'm going to a jam in E she's what's coming with me.

• Members

My CE22 :love:

Though there are other guitars that I loved

My previous 1990 PRS Standard 24. I stupidly sold it a few years ago and tried to buy it back last year but the guy never got back to me in time.

Ibanez JEM7VSBL which really was something special

Eric Johnson Stratocaster

62 Japan Reissue Strat which had a really nice fat neck and a beautiful tone.

• Members

So...this doesn't only mean the guitars you own, it could be a guitar that you've played in a shop and have fallen in love with.

In my experience...the ultimate guitar, and i don't own it, is the
Yamaha SG1000.

...i played this guitar about 6 months ago...and i am hooked!

Now, its all a little subjective based on preferences and what you have and haven't played, but I think its a good way of opening up everyone's minds as to what else is out there!

Sammy

You mean one o' these?

04.jpg

05.jpg

Yep, that's my SG1000 and it is a lovely thing. Not sure I'd say it's the best I've ever played - but it's definitely up there with the best.

• Members

For me two guitars come to mind, one is my '91 SG, it just has this perfect neck that I can play forever without getting any sort of hand fatigue.

The second is a 1960 Fender strat that I had the priviledge of playing last year. It was just an inspiring guitar to play, with an awesome neck that was just the right size. Probably the fact I was playing it through a Two Rock Custom Reverb didn't hurt the experience either.

photo.JPG

• Members

You mean one o' these?

04.jpg
05.jpg

Yep, that's my SG1000 and it is a lovely thing. Not sure I'd say it's
the
best I've ever played - but it's definitely up there with the best.

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! when it comes buy it, i think i would find it hard to decide between the cherry burst or the tobacco burst.

• Members

I'm sure I've played a few dozen guitars that I'd be ecstatic to have as my only guitar but the one that actually felt the best in my hands was a Fender Custom Shop Relic 69 something. Looked great, felt better and sounded spectacular... at least on cleans. Definitely felt better than any vintage strat I've ever played.

It was $2800 or $2900 and it was so good that even in a wonky economy and in a fairly small market like Indy, it sold in about four days.

zcz502972_lg4600.jpg

• Members

Easy. My Seymour Duncan DS250 Pro.

SDstrat.jpg

6.8 pounds of amazingly resonant guitar bliss. I literally laugh every time I play it cause I can't believe how good it sounds.

It sounds every bit as good (if not better) as this and has all those qualities...

[video=youtube;bLRXNQDozxU]

you may think that's exaggeration....but aside from the monetary value...I would not trade my guitar for that one in a million years.

• Members

For me two guitars come to mind, one is my '91 SG, it just has this perfect neck that I can play forever without getting any sort of hand fatigue.

The second is a 1960 Fender strat that I had the priviledge of playing last year. It was just an inspiring guitar to play, with an awesome neck that was just the right size. Probably the fact I was playing it through a Two Rock Custom Reverb didn't hurt the experience either.

photo.JPG

I had a similar experiance about 20 years ago playing a '62 Strat through a Leslie, the one that's usually mated with the B-3. Amazing.

Archived