Screw All You Haters!

Doctor Morbius

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was this the post from the "Squier" thread that caused this spin-off?

Originally Posted by Kid Klash

The difference in quality between a Squier and an MIA Fender is minimal today... it's more a perceived difference than an actual functional difference.

That statement, while the poster is entitled to their own opinion, doesn't seem terribly well informed, and probably says more about the poster than the 2 guitars in question.

Sure, they have 6 strings, they're the same shape, and they make sound, but as you get more experienced you learn to appreciate the things that make the more expensive guitar better (although, to balance that, you also learn the things that make the cheaper guitar a decent guitar for the money too).

Comparing my MIA tele to even an MIM tele never mind something like a Squier Affinity series tele, I can appreciate a pretty large difference that just makes the playing experience more pleasant on the MIA.

• Members

That statement, while the poster is entitled to their own opinion, doesn't seem terribly well informed, and probably says more about the poster than the 2 guitars in question.

Sure, they have 6 strings, they're the same shape, and they make sound, but as you get more experienced you learn to appreciate the things that make the more expensive guitar better (although, to balance that, you also learn the things that make the cheaper guitar a decent guitar for the money too).

Comparing my MIA tele to even an MIM tele never mind something like a Squier Affinity series tele, I can appreciate a pretty large difference that just makes the playing experience more pleasant on the MIA.

FTW!!

• Members
Not true at all...if I could have a North American made computer, I would. When there is a choice, you can make that choice. When there is not then you can not - you can only do what you can. You're the second person that I have had to explain this to in an hour. So that 'instantly' makes you a moron.
:cop:

In that case, I'm ashamed of myself for getting suckered into your trolling.

• Members
I still think that the
important thing
is not to buy a guitar which was made by a slave or a communist (which is just a slave that their own government calls a citizen).

That always starts a great fight...and the people who buy such guitars are HATERS - HATERS of freedom.

hahaha - nice one. :)

• Members

I still think that the
important thing
is not to buy a guitar which was made by a slave or a communist (which is just a slave that their own government calls a citizen)...

Whatever eases your conscience, I guess. But what of those who may have a differing perspective? How do I know my guitar was not built by a North American child molester? Or a North American bigot? Or a North American tax cheat? Or a North American druggie?

• Members
Not true at all...if I could have a North American made computer, I would. When there is a choice, you can make that choice. When there is not then you can not - you can only do what you can. You're the second person that I have had to explain this to in an hour. So that 'instantly' makes you a moron.
:cop:

If the choice was between playing or not playing, would you buy a MIC guitar? That is a choice a lot of people are making. I have to explain this all the time to my motorcycle riding buddies. I would love to have a Harley, and I will someday. But if the choice is between having a Harley, or not riding, I will ride my Kawasaki, but some of them will still say "no way".

I do agree that a lot of people try to make "inexpensive" guitars out to be more than what they are. Everyone wants to think they got a "bargain". How many times have you heard, "I had my guitarist buddy play it and he would have guessed it cost $XXX"? One of my guitars is an Epi LP Jr. I have never made it out to be more than what it is. It is what it is and I love it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't trade it for a Gibson Jr.

• Members

I've played lots of cheap guitars that are good, but even with pickup changes and all the pimping in the world I've never played a cheap guitar that I'd consider amazing.

I've also played some very expensive guitars that were just OK or good.

I've met a lot of guitarists that can't make ANY guitar sound amazing.

I've heard a lot of amazing music played on average gear.

Buy what you can afford and focus on being amazing. :D

• Members

i only like guitars that cost between $850 and $874.80... they need to be made in Swaziland and strung with eel gut... if you own any guitars that don't meet my code of ethics...please let me know so i can add you to my ignore list

Ahhhh that ole eel gut tone.

• Members
i only like guitars that cost between $850 and $874.80... they need to be made in Swaziland and strung with eel gut... if you own any guitars that don't meet my code of ethics...please let me know so i can add you to my ignore list

Damn cork sniffers! What's wrong with gut of newt? ;):eek:

• Members

My cheap guitars do have their place and fill their roles quite well, but my expensive guitars just play/sound better. Then after you spend money to get them professionally set up and plex'ed they really excel. I'm no snob but I do prefer spending $ on quality guitars and enhance them instead of upgrading a cheap guitar. For example a squire is a squire no matter what you do to it and will resale as a squire. Again a pig is a pig no matter how you dress her up. Put an upgrade on a 52 Tele reissue and you get a better return (and faster resale). My Luther has reiterated this with me for years and tells me not to waste the $, so I setup the cheap ones myself. What is cheap - - - less than $500. without case. That's all I got to say about that.

Archived