Which Pedal Tuner??

FoonkySteve

• Members

I bought this last year and I love it:

hardwire_ht6.jpg&sa=X&ei=7tIBT76CIIqQiAK

Tunes all 6 strings at once, great display, built like a tank. Even comes with a custom-cut velcro pad.

Been wondering about how good this one is. I love everything about the three other Hardwire pedals I have.

• Members

I've had a Planet Waves pedal tuner for a few years. I'm a big fan of the clock-like layout, which is easy to read and use. Apparently it's accurate down to about +/- 3 cents. It's "good enough," but my next tuner will be finer than that.

The maker claims this is true bypass, but it is not. It hums all the while I'm tuning, and I can always tell when I forget to turn it off, because a red LED blips every few seconds to signal its status, and I can hear it beep slightly through the amp. The silent output mode is quiet and acceptable for stage use, though.

PlanetWavesChromaticPedalTuner.jpg

• Members

TurboTuner

Probably the fastest and most accurate tuner out there that also has some nice extra's, like user presets and true bypass.

Unless you wanna be able to tune yer geetar a mile away from where your tuner is:

Boss-TU1000-Stage-Tuner.jpg

Posting the pic in actual size would make servers crash all over the interwebz, and possibly the universe with it.

Srry, I can never resist posting that same pic/joke over and over in every single pedal tuner thread:)

• Members

+1 on the Boss TU-2. Yes, it does get washed out in direct sunlight, but that's a problem with almost all these pedals... and it's pretty bulletproof (although I like the Korg Pitchblack, too). Two different people I have played with using TC PolyTunes have had tremendous problems with it making big noise when in tune/mute mode. Is this a universal problem, or did they both just happen to get units from a bad run?

• Members

Two different people I have played with using TC PolyTunes have had tremendous problems with it making big noise when in tune/mute mode. Is this a universal problem, or did they both just happen to get units from a bad run?

Had mine for over a year, used it at loads of gigs and rehearsals ... NEMA PROBLEMA!

• Members

I used Boss TU-2s for several years, but now I gravitate between a Polytune and a Pitchblack. I have the Polytune on my "small" pedal board, and the Pitchblack on the other (neither has all that many pedals).

Archived