Peter Frampton Reunited With

fretless

• Members

I got to see him with Humble Pie and when his solo band Framptons Camel first began

then in several concerts up to his live album. They had allot of great bands playing together on

tour and I saw him move up from an opening band to top billing. All his shows were well done.

He used that Paul for some shows, and a three pup SG for many of the others.

I've seen some of his recent conterts and he still has allot of energy for a 61 year old man.

He can still play the riffs and sing pretty good. Its just his new material just isnt that good.

Much of it sounds like retread written from old hits. If he had some better material I can see

him doing allot better, but some just run out of the songwriting spark.

• Members

I really hope he appreciates just what happened to him. That's a terrific gesture. The article didn't even say what they had to pay in order to give it back to him. After all, it is a 54'. Plus, they came all the way from Curacao.

• Members

I really hope he appreciates just what happened to him. That's a terrific gesture. The article didn't even say what they had to pay in order to give it back to him. After all, it is a 54'. Plus, they came all the way from Curacao.

I really thought it did say (the tune of $5,000).

• Members

Cool story. And in true HCEG fashion, the first thing he does when he gets it is change the pickups!

lol I saw that...I guess as he said "they had to go" or whatever.

Ill say this : PF is as good today as he ever was. Cant say that about any of those old rocker dudes. Maybe The Nuge on a good night.

• Members

Cool story. And in true HCEG fashion, the first thing he does when he gets it is change the pickups!

That struck me as odd as well.

I wonder, were the pickups in it now not the ones that were in it when it left is possession?

If not, I can understand swapping them out. But if the original pickups are in it, why {censored} with it?

If they don't work, I would just rewind them with as close to original with the same bobbins, magnets and base plate.

Of course that's just me...

All above aside, I think it is awesome that he got reunited with his guitar!

Archived