Peter Frampton Reunited With

fretless

• Members

It was around Minnieapolis for years. Alot of people tried to get a hold of Page and return it but their call's or letters were never answered. I think Frank Berry or maybe his brother ended up with it and put it back to one pickup switch. Haven't seen or heard about it in 30 years.Page lost it in I think 70.

• Members

Saw Frampton in 77 at the Garden,phenominal show! Frampton was always a great lead player and through no fault of his own, his appeal with the women worked against him for awhile.I think since he lost the locks, his has regained his deserved respect as a great player. I am certain Frampton payed back the guys who laid out the scratch to get his ax back. Do I see a Frampton plane crash survivor relic in Gibsons future lol.

jamdogg- Nice shout out for the late Bob Mayo, who was a hell of a musician and played a big roll in Framptons success.

• Members

The guitar had 2 P-90's, originally. It's a very heavily modded guitar.

Wasn't he worried about the resale value?

Seriously though, I'm tempted to go see him at the Beacon. I saw him play that guitar back the 70's, once with Humble Pie and later when he was just off of Frampton Comes Alive. He's a good really good guitar player, had a big influence on me as a kid.

Archived