UPS got me again

XxIPxX

• Members

The fact that UPS packed it probably saved you. I always pack very carefully, and insure, but fully expect to be screwed whenever something happens.

Yes, for they shouldn't be able to run away from reimbursing you.

I understand how important guitars are to all of us, so I send you my sympathy.

• Members

Would they still screw you if you video yourself packing the carton?

oh yeah if you pack it yourself, dont even waste your $ on insurance...i talked to a couple of dudes from the ups store...if they didnt pack it you will have virtually no chance of getting reimbursed...so as stated above letting them pack it is what will get you paid...then again if you packed it this maybe wouldnt have happened.....im surprised to be honest..they have been pretty good to me and i always did the packing and went overboard i admit...and you said it was in the OHSC?? Damn that must have took some hit...hopefully you get your claim with no issues...sorry to see that man.

• Members

Yes, for they shouldn't be able to run away from reimbursing you.

I understand how important guitars are to all of us, so I send you my sympathy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get another.Unless you can get some kinda helluva discount for the immediate re-sale loss + the repair.Might be keeper,& you hopefully get a large re-imbursement,I dunno...

Sorry.

All the best with it,tho.

:cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad:

• Members

oh yeah if you pack it yourself, dont even waste your $ on insurance...i talked to a couple of dudes from the ups store...if they didnt pack it you will have virtually no chance of getting reimbursed...so as stated above letting them pack it is what will get you paid...then again if you packed it this maybe wouldnt have happened.....im surprised to be honest..they have been pretty good to me and i always did the packing and went overboard i admit...and you said it was in the OHSC?? Damn that must have took some hit...hopefully you get your claim with no issues...sorry to see that man.

I've heard that about UPS too. The safest way to get reimbursed for damage is to have UPS Store pack it. They also charge quite a bit. I asked how much to send a Strat once and it was $65.00 and Insurance was extra over $100 which you needed to get.

That's one of the benefits of Craigslist. As I've been saying in other threads, it's tough out there but I'm selling. Just got back from selling a 59 White Dano 50th Anniv for $250. I paid $200 for it so I was happy. I knocked $50 off from $300 because the guy was driving about 50 miles to get to me and we met at a fast food place that was only 5 min from me. Sometimes you've gotta work with the buyer.

• Members

at least its just an epiphone and not a $3,000 gibson.

definitely fixable. was the inside of the case packed at all? that might still be the fault of the seller, not UPS. Unless he specifically told them to pack the inside of the OHSC as well.

• Members

If you insured it AND the ups store packed it for you, you would have no problem getting your insured value back. just call the ups store you shipped it from and have them file the claim for you. dont file the claim on your own behalf, you will get your check MUCH quicker through the store

/protip

:thu:

• Members

those pics...... ouch man, that sucks.

I never had a problem with USPS, Fedex, or Purolator. Why the {censored} is UPS so bad? I hear so many guitar horror stories about UPS i refuse to deal with anyone who wants to ship me a guitar via them. It's guitar suicide....

Archived