Thinnest factory Strat neck?

scolfax

• Members

Fender claims the "modern c" as found on the American players is the smallest but this isn't true.

All the squire cv start necks are smaller, I like the 60's neck ok.

The MIM blacktop series are almost as small as the cv's but some have jumbO frets and are usually straighter stabler and more comfortable IMHO. I want the smallest neck I can get.

You can see which two I picked in my sig.

• Members

The MIM blacktop series are almost as small as the cv's but some have jumbO frets and are usually straighter stabler and more comfortable IMHO. I want the smallest neck I can get.

Sounds perfect!

• Members

I agree actually. It has the lowest playable action of any guitar I have played. I miss the single coils a bit but I always could mod it. I played a ton of them to find mine, found out Fender makes a good neck these days for the most part, China is still hit or miss. you were right on the special, same neck as the players, I might have meant special even, been a few months since I talked to Fender. I just know I played everything, including what they recommended, i played the Jags, the Jazz's, the mascis, every CV, a few squiers, every American tele and Strat I could. I'd recommend doing the same but make sure to have a few blacktops in the mix.

• Members

Blacktop strat HH width at nut 1 and 10/14ths of an inch

at 21st fret 2 and 4/14ths of an inch

thickness at nut 13/14ths of an inch

thickness at 12th fret 13/14ths

Squier CV 60 strat width at nut 1 and 10/14ths of an inch

21st fret 2 and 4/14ths of an inch

thickness at nut 12.5/14 inch

thickness at 12th fret 13/14 inch

practically same neck, the blacktop feels bigger from the jumbo jumbo frets. Wow really, no wonder I liked both.

I agree on the Maple necks, the chinese ones flake too. At least mine did. If you know of a smaller necked guitar please let me know.

• Members

Blacktop strat HH width at nut 1 and 10/14ths of an inch

at 21st fret 2 and 4/14ths of an inch

thickness at nut 13/14ths of an inch

thickness at 12th fret 13/14ths

Squier CV 60 strat width at nut 1 and 10/14ths of an inch

21st fret 2 and 4/14ths of an inch

thickness at nut 12.5/14 inch

thickness at 12th fret 13/14 inch

practically same neck, the blacktop feels bigger from the jumbo jumbo frets. Wow really, no wonder I liked both.

I agree on the Maple necks, the chinese ones flake too. At least mine did. If you know of a smaller necked guitar please let me know.

Thanks for the trouble of measuring but go metric! Far more accurate.

• Members

Seemed like I once picked up something called a Fender Strato-thing called a Showmaster that had a really thin neck. But, maybe I was hallucinating -- I do that occasionally.
:freak:

No, you are right. Set neck showmaster and it does have a thin neck from memory but more of a superstrat. I think they were made in Korea.

showmaster.jpg

• Members

No, you are right. Set neck showmaster and it does have a thin neck from memory but more of a superstrat. I think they were made in Korea.

It was actually a Fender Showmaster Strat exactly like this, with three Strat single coils...

ShowmasterFront.jpg

ShowmasterBack.jpg

• Members

My Hello Kitty Affinity Strat is far from the thinnest Strat neck I have.

i've never played one of those, so idk if they're the same or not, but my first electric (which i still have) was a regular ol' affinity strat and it's by far the thinnest neck'd guitar i have.

Archived