Modified '63 Jag

fuzztone

• Members

I bought this today. It's a 1963 Fender Jaguar. Here is the seller's description:

"The guitar was customized in the early 1980s by its previous owner. The guitar has an attractive Shorline Gold Metallic Refin, Two Bill Lawerence Humbucking pickups with coil split switches, and anodized pickguard. The neck has been oversprayed, is

stamped Nov 63, has a larger profile, clay dots, and Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. Included is the original tremolo arm and its original hardshell case"

1963FenderJaguarGold062-1.jpg

1963FenderJaguarGold004-2.jpg

1963FenderJaguarGold009-1.jpg1963FenderJaguarGold014-1-1.jpg

1963FenderJaguarGold053-1.jpg

1963FenderJaguarGoldPlayer002-1.jpg

1963FenderJaguarGoldPlayer013-1.jpg

• Members

Believe it or not I had a Jag that was modded with those exact same pickups - and a Gibson stop tailpiece. The L500s have ridiculous output and sustain, but they've got clarity and sweetness too, especially at the neck. They also coil split extremely well by design. Great score.

• Members

Thanks! Before I bought this I was I was thinking about getting a "Kurt Cobain" Signature Jag.Those sell for $1299 new. Then I saw this '63 on Ebay for $1499 BIN which is $200 or $300 less than a Fender '62 reissue,so I thought it was a good deal.

FenderArtistSeriesKurtCobainJaguarRosewo1963FenderJaguarGold009-2-1.jpg

Archived