HoneyisCool appreciation thread

jjpistols

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's what every music forum needs: a guy with a passion for music, who sometimes have different opinions and who's not afraid to express it and get in a "fight" about it, but who's never rude and try to explain instead of talking {censored}. I often doesn't agree with him, but respect him. Music/passion/respect: never wrong in my book.

• Members

She Bangs the Drum! It's the most "us" out of all their songs.

Great song. I was in a band back in college and we used to do one of their B-sides ("Going Down"). Quite possibly the easiest song to play but it was a jangly beauty.

• Members

Yeah, his posts are good, he keeps level-headed. Sure, there are other good posters, too.

This forum was a much harsher place to visit prior to HC2.0. So, I barely notice when threads go wonky and I can click on another.

Also HoneyisCool like Peavey amps and that alone is enough to give him a tip of the hat,

Greg

• Members
Thumbs up to HoneisCool for not starting or contributing to the {censored} shows that take place on this forum.

Nothing against HoneyIsCool at all, kudos, to him but isn't this 90% of the forum? It's only a few guys that seem to always stir up problems. Anyways, nice to see more "appreciation threads." Better than "XYZ sucks" threads.

• Members

+1,000 JJ.

a Belle and Sebastian song.

Which one?

And tell Ramona that my daughter is named Ramona. But not after her. 'Cause I don't know her and that would just be weird.

Are you singing She Bangs the Drums?

• Members

Lia (the one with the thicker voice) and I are singing the verses together, and then we're three parting the chorus, I think Ramona will take the main melody there.

The Belle and Sebastian song we're learning is "Lady Painter Jane." Ramona rarely sings in that voice, but she can, so that's going to be fun. She and her fianc

• Members

He's what every music forum needs: a guy with a passion for music, who sometimes have different opinions and who's not afraid to express it and get in a "fight" about it, but who's never rude and try to explain instead of talking {censored}. I often doesn't agree with him, but respect him. Music/passion/respect: never wrong in my book.

+1. hey people: please enjoy music. it's amazing that you can do it. not everyone can. don't {censored}ing take it for granted. get passionate about it and find the positive in what you're doing. most of all; lighten up and have fun. it's all supposed to be really {censored}ing fun. if you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong IMO.

• Members

+1. hey people: please enjoy music. it's amazing that you can do it. not everyone can. don't {censored}ing take it for granted. get passionate about it and find the positive in what you're doing. most of all; lighten up and have fun. it's all supposed to be really {censored}ing fun. if you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong IMO.

I thought I disagreed with you, but then I actually read your post properly. Figured I should at least be honest about that and apologise. It's exactly this kind of "quick to anger" mentality that got us here.

Anyway, I agree with you totally. Speaking personally, I have posted a couple of songs (a cover and an original piece), and both were pretty much ignored. It kinda hurt. I attribute this to people getting bogged down in this so-called trolling, {censored}-flinging and dick-measuring.

I know, I know... World's tiniest violin etc etc.

• Members

I thought I disagreed with you, but then I actually read your post properly. Figured I should at least be honest about that and apologise. It's exactly this kind of "quick to anger" mentality that got us here.

Anyway, I agree with you totally. Speaking personally, I have posted a couple of songs (a cover and an original piece), and both were pretty much ignored. It kinda hurt. I attribute this to people getting bogged down in this so-called trolling, {censored}-flinging and dick-measuring.

I know, I know... World's tiniest violin etc etc.

no worries. i'm not sure many forumites actually stop and read posts anymore (if ever). vids and clips don't get universal love here, but put on that thick skin and realize that most people are probably here simply to blow off steam and "check out for a while". please don't stop posting clips. i love them. others do too. it's not going to be the kind of thing that people around here drop their panties for, but there are some of us who dig it. do it all for yourself first, and then for others second. toughen up. enjoy music.

wash, rinse, repeat...

• Members

Thanks, man. I'm finding all this needless conflict exhausting, frankly. Maybe I'm romanticising a past that I don't fully remember, but I swear HCEG wasn't like this when I first joined. But if anything good has come of it, it's given me a boot up the arse. No longer do I spend hours here talking guitars. I busy myself playing them. And to that end, I suppose I could post the rough version of my latest piece, but I think it may be too long for some to put up with (eight minutes), and it's not entirely finished.

Back on topic, I think threads like this are a good idea. In this case, we're letting Honey know what he's doing right. And as I said before, sure, he can be abrasive. But I like the dude. He stands his ground, knows whereof he speaks and has a good sense of humour.

• Members

Thanks, man. I'm finding all this needless conflict exhausting, frankly. Maybe I'm romanticising a past that I don't fully remember, but I swear
HCEG wasn't like this when I first joined
. But if anything good has come of it, it's given me a boot up the arse. No longer do I spend hours here talking guitars. I busy myself playing them. And to that end, I suppose I could post the rough version of my latest piece, but I think it may be too long for some to put up with (eight minutes), and it's not entirely finished.

Back on topic, I think threads like this are a good idea. In this case, we're letting Honey know what he's doing right. And as I said before, sure, he can be abrasive. But I like the dude. He stands his ground, knows whereof he speaks and has a good sense of humour.

school's out now.

• Members

If he'd just venture outside his own threads once in awhile he'd be perfect. As it is, I admit I do on occasion find his opinions interesting and his threads thought provoking. And I like the fact that he's not a politicking snob like certain other high post-count thread-bearers that shall remain nameless.:rolleyes: Yeah, I guess I like him alright.:cool:

Archived