Show me your Warmoth builds

fretless

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finished my first Warmoth build this summer. She's heavy, around 9.7 lbs, since the Warmoth SG is thicker than a Gibson. Body and neck are mahogany, neck just has a clear gloss finish. The paint is "Blue Ice" (as close as I could get to Pelham Blue without painting it myself). The pickups are from JS Moore at Tone for Days. This thing has the sweetest clean tones. The switch is wired to the neck and bridge, and then the middle is wired "always on" so that I can control it with the volume knob. Master tone knob.

I'm still working on a tracing to get a custom half-face pickguard made for it.

IMG_0955.JPG

• Members

I finished my first Warmoth build this summer. She's heavy, around 9.7 lbs, since the Warmoth SG is thicker than a Gibson. Body and neck are mahogany, neck just has a clear gloss finish. The paint is "Blue Ice" (as close as I could get to Pelham Blue without painting it myself). The pickups are from JS Moore at Tone for Days. This thing has the sweetest clean tones. The switch is wired to the neck and bridge, and then the middle is wired "always on" so that I can control it with the volume knob. Master tone knob.

I'm still working on a tracing to get a custom half-face pickguard made for it.

IMG_0955.JPG

That thing is absolutely beautiful... and I'm not even normally that interested in SG's. I would leave it as is... no pickguard... buck nekkid.

• Members

When I look at the Warmoth Gallery on their site, I see a lot of really ugly, poorly conceived guitars with horrendous finishes and hardware choices. But...the guitars here are, for the most part, really beautiful and very good in terms of design and hardware.

OK, so let me lower the bar about 7 notches:-{)>

(Front row right) my tele with a figured swamp ash body and Brazilian board along with a set of Lollar Vintage T's and some high end {censored} that costs more than it's worth; (Front row left) I call it a La Cab Bonita. Alder body, Powertron Plus, CTS pots, Jensen cap, other garbage that, again, probably makes no difference in tone but it gives me something to talk about.

telx.jpg

lacab2.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Warmoth La Cabronita. Korina body with figured korina top, solid one-piece unfinished Indian rosewood neck (no separate fingerboard), stainless frets, TV Jones Magnatron pickups. I got both the neck and body from Warmoth's showcase.

Cabronitacouch800.jpg

Cabronitabodyfront2.jpg

Cabronitaneckside.jpg

• Members
Warmoth La Cabronita. Korina body with figured korina top, solid one-piece unfinished Indian rosewood neck (no separate fingerboard), stainless frets, TV Jones Magnatron pickups. I got both the neck and body from Warmoth's showcase.

Cabronitacouch800.jpg

Cabronitabodyfront2.jpg

Cabronitaneckside.jpg

Man, I never get sick of seeing this, that thing is amazing! :love: is it really as good as it looks??

Fun fact- Chris Shiflett of the foo fighters made a mahogany bodied HH Tele deluxe using warmoth parts and Gibson pickups, and now fender is making an mim Sig model of it...

• Members

Man, I never get sick of seeing this, that thing is amazing!
:love:
is it really as good as it looks??

Fun fact- Chris Shiflett of the foo fighters made a mahogany bodied HH Tele deluxe using warmoth parts and Gibson pickups, and now fender is making an mim Sig model of it...

Yes, it is as good as it looks. I originally hooked up the pickups without any tone cap, but they were a little too bright, so I put a tone cap in and a treble bypass on the volume pot. Now it's just right.

Archived