Jkater

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i like this

what is it?

An Aria ProII SB-R80

Fairly close to the Aria model Cliff Burton use to play.

It's just what I use for recording when I need bass. I don't play it all that much...but when I do it is very fun. I really should pick it up more often...lol.

• Members

I've been meaning to post a thread with my guitars...somehow it ended up with all of my guitars being from japan. They are at a perfect point of quality vs. price..I think the craftsmanship is every bit as good as us guitars, it's just that they don't use as nice of parts I don't think because they're trying to hit a different price point maybe?

• Members

I've been meaning to post a thread with my guitars...somehow it ended up with all of my guitars being from japan. They are at a perfect point of quality vs. price..I think the craftsmanship is every bit as good as us guitars, it's just that they don't use as nice of parts I don't think because they're trying to hit a different price point maybe?

Depends......MIJ guitars run the gamut from lower mid range up to the most expensive new guitars you could imagine. Their high end guitars use the best possible parts you can find. Nothing cheap about them at all. Just so happens that most people outside of Japan are hardly aware of all the brands and models that are available to the Japanese. Most of the best MIJ guitars never leave Japan.

• Members

Just so happens that most people outside of Japan are hardly aware of all the brands and models that are available to the Japanese. Most of the best MIJ guitars never leave Japan.

Very true. Notably with Yamahas which have guitars custom ordered where sky is the limit. You want a $12,000 yamaha? They'll build one for you.

• Members

The only Japanese-made guitar I currently own is this Jackson DK27 (baritone); superb guitar with mediocre pickups:

4872207675_b360a51020_z.jpg

I used to also own this MIJ Strat as well, but ended up trading it to my brother (for a Peavey Tracer :eek: ) a few years ago. It started out as a rather bland vintage yellow/ maple neck job, but I stripped/ refinished it, swapped out a few different necks, pickups, pickguards, & installed a Wilkinson bridge.

Here it is with a Carvin neck, blue MOTS p/g, & SC pickups:

1440675248_5588395233_z.jpg?zz=1

It currently looks like this - with a Warmoth (I think) neck, HS GFS pickups, & black pearloid p/g:

2011-03-20_08-56-39_501-1.jpg

*crappy cell phone pic

Archived