Post your MIJ's!

Jkater

• Members

I've posted this one many times but if I may...

Here's my current favorite MIJ: My beloved Pacifica 904. The highest Pacifica model before it was discontinued in 2008 and the only one made in Japan (there were some USA models earlier on, though). At 965

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MIJ Yamahas are among the very best guitars that I have ever played. The AES905 (Les Paul style) is amazing.

I currently have a first run Fender Squier Series JV strat that I bought new in 1982.

It was stolen, recovered, refinished and outfitted with a set of Kinman pickups.

attachment.php?attachmentid=347278&d=134

• Members

Thanks, Dave. The SA2200 is also made in Japan. Speaking of which, your Ibanez semi is also MIJ, right?

yep.... i couldn't be happier with this guitar... it plays like butter and sounds great

1-8.jpg

my other mij is my tokai love rock... i've had it for a while now.. it's a great LP'alike

i've been thinking about putting a set of lollar imperials in it, but the pickups in it already sound fine... we'll see

goldtop.jpg

• Members

I'll match your 904 with my 921. Similar specs, except HSH and a Floyd. Very thin swamp ash body- it's probably only 2/3rds the thickness of my 112. Lots of other nice Yamaha features I wish were in other guitars. For example, the neck joins to the body through a milled aluminum plate, which allows the heel to be much thinner than on most bolt necks. The locking nut is height adjustable. (Sadly, this also makes it totally non standard and it was a royal PITA to get the parts since the guy I bought it from had lost them)

I just wish it was a bit prettier- I love the finish on your 904. For some reason they forgot the bling on the 921.

921-1.jpg

921-2.jpg

921-neck.jpg

• Members

I'll match your 904 with my 921. Similar specs, except HSH and a Floyd. Very thin swamp ash body- it's probably only 2/3rds the thickness of my 112. Lots of other nice Yamaha features I wish were in other guitars. For example, the neck joins to the body through a milled aluminum plate, which allows the heel to be much thinner than on most bolt necks. The locking nut is height adjustable. (Sadly, this also makes it totally non standard and it was a royal PITA to get the parts since the guy I bought it from had lost them)

I just wish it was a bit prettier- I love the finish on your 904. For some reason they forgot the bling on the 921.

921-1.jpg
921-2.jpg
921-neck.jpg

This guitar is

Archived