Who is the most overated guitarist of the last 50 years ???

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EVH's hero.

Really all this does is confirms what a badass EVH is.

He was still able to come out and literally change the entire guitar playing universe forever for the better, in spite of his awful taste in guitarists (eric crapton)

Other guitar players may not have been as able to easily overcome this profound musical flaw, but Eddie could and did because he is THAT good!

• Members

I'm pretty sure that the most-overrated guitarist is me. My seven-year-old daughter is of the opinion that I'm the greatest guitarist that ever lived, or could ever even be thought of. It seems unlikely to me that this is the case. Looking at it objectively, I think I can admit that I barely scrape into the top ten million.

So, given the gap between my daughter's high opinion of my ability and my own estimate of the truth, I reckon you can't get much more over-rated than that.

• Members

I had to stop in to see had far the lunacy has gone and the first name I saw was the Beatles lmfao. Honestly do you know how ridicules that statement is? Now if someone said they did not care for the Beatles that is understandable but to call the band who was 2 steps ahead of everyone the 7 years they were together, if there was a first 9 out of 10 they did it and set the path that every other band followed is simply ludicrous. If you and three friends can record a song that is well known worldwide that would be some achievement, try close to 200! Oh that's the bell schools out.

• Members

Really all this does is confirms what a badass EVH is.

He was still able to come out and literally change the entire guitar playing universe forever for the better, in spite of his awful taste in guitarists (eric crapton)

Other guitar players may not have been as able to easily overcome this profound musical flaw, but Eddie could and did because he is THAT good!

Eric Clapton was able to change the entire guitar playing universe for the better too. There was BC & AC.

I guess that's why EVH loves him so much. If you don't know this then you are too young.

• Members

Eric Clapton was able to change the entire guitar playing universe for the better too. There was BC & AC.

I guess that's why EVH loves him so much. If you don't know this then you are too young.

Eric Crapton did change the entire guitar playing universe for good.

He made masses of guitarists NOT want to play like him. And THAT was indeed a good thing.

They all,went home and took the blooze training wheels off their guitars and rocked the {censored} out!

• Members

He made masses of guitarists NOT want to play like him. And THAT was indeed a good thing.

They all,went home and took the blooze training wheels off their guitars and rocked the {censored} out!

Now that's just stupid, Dave.

Really stupid, and you know it.

• Members

^ Young and uninformed.

That has to be it.

• Members

Who is the most overated guitarist of the last 50 years ???

220px-B.B._King_in_2009.jpg

Yeah. Nothin' against BB, but he launched those thousand white boy blues guitarist that hang on to the same note & play the same scale for years.

ie. Clapton, SRV.....

Archived