How I spent the downtime.

kit_strong

• Members

Asside from actually playing my guitar a lot I did some "mods" to my office/studio and living room jam space.

First up, this is what my living room setup (not counting the mesa which sits on the other side of the room) looked like a week ago.

JamSetup1.jpg.

That little desk was never meant to stay but unable to find anything we really wanted for the space I decided to re-purpose part of the large Ikea shelf system we already had. Couple that with taking a hacksaw to the rack mount unit and we now have this.

OfficeMakeover6.jpg

I used some of the left over shelf pieces to make a nifty little amp stand for the studio.

OfficeMakeover4.jpg

Did a bit more tidying up, found a nick nack at Hobby Lobby that was 3 hooks on a music staff and spray painted it.

Replaced the old 5 guitar stand with a 7 guitar corner stand to make the most of the space.

Studio2a1.jpg

Studio2a2.jpg

And I used a some more of the shelf parts to make a coffee table for the living room.

OfficeMakeover7.jpg

-Kit

• Members

I did indeed play a bit more.

I don't regard myself as spending a lot of time here these days, but it's surprising how much less I have to do on the computer when HC is down.

I realize I tend to use HC like a bus terminal. I may go off googling here and there for different interests, but I often circle back to HC to check for responses or new threads. Often that's a catalyst for me heading off into some other search tangent. Without HC as a touch stone, I had a lot less to wander through in the interwebs. I would estimate conservatively that probably $3.7 trillion dollars was lost in the U.S. economy with HC being down for 5 days. Could be wrong though. It could be in the gazillions! :eek:

• Members

Bought a guitar, bought another guitar, installed a set of pickups, installed a Duncan SSL5 I've been meaning to install for over a year, replaced a neck, restored an old chair, repaired two dining room chairs and got in so much practice that my fingers have hurt for days!

Archived