Is this site moving slower than fudge for everyone here?

GAS Man

• Members

Seem like this has been going on for 3 or 4 days.

Pulling up threads is taking forever, editing threads is dang near impossible. It takes so long to get the bounce back upload that I also get this little gift.

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the acapella.harmony-central.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The acapella.harmony-central.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I don't see anyone here commenting about this, but I do notice the posts have slowed down to a crawl.

Wassup? confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarman3001

View Post

Yeah, I made this exact same thread yesterday. It's been nothing but errors and sloooooooooooooooooooooooow for the last several days.

Thanks, I missed that. I figured it was probably HC, and it's been slow for me when I've accessed this site during breaks at the office as well (like right now) but sometimes I do wonder if it's my equipment. My PC at home gets P.O.'d if I have too many tabs open and this one here at work is kind of a maze of firewalls plugging my escapes to freedom. icon_lol.gif

Just right now, I was able to open this thread quickly, but I'll have to see what happens when I click on "Post Quick Reply". eek.gif

• Members

Yes. It's often very slow. I love HC but the constant problems are frustrating.

I'm still lamenting the death of the HC user reviews. Seems like almost no one has posted any reviews since they changed it. I used to go on there all the time, but very rarely now.

• Members

I just had another loading problem coming back in. The second attempt to log in, I made it.

Quote Originally Posted by danswon

View Post

I'm still lamenting the death of the HC user reviews. Seems like almost no one has posted any reviews since they changed it. I used to go on there all the time, but very rarely now.

Yes, that is a sad loss of a good resource there. Maybe not quite on the scale of the Library of Alexandria, but close. wink.gif

• Members

Database error

The acapella.harmony-central.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

• Members

Database error

• Members

^^^ Yeah, and since it's going whacky again, the number of incidental double posts is also way up. :lol:

I find that sometimes by the time the thread I clicked on opens up, I don't even remember what I was doing anymore. (Part of that of course is now being 55 :()

But I've found a couple times now that I've had to go do something else while waiting for a post to load and then only later when I go back and revisit a thread I'll find it's done a double post. And then the next fight is on, i.e. trying to get it to cooperate when you delete the double post. :facepalm:

Hold your breath, I'm about to hit the again :eek:

Edit: Look what I've won!

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

• Members

I'll say this knowing it will be a terribly unpopular sentiment... But certain threads with 200,000+ posts drag server load WAAAAAAAAAAY down and don't help matters. There are too many "immortal" threads that this place won't let die.

Archived