Still Amazed By The Mustang...

steve_man

• Members

I keep repeating this, but; imo, the mustang is the best $100 someone can spend on a guitar gadget. Talking about the m1 here or course.

Agreed...I love my Mustang II, but for just $100, you cannot beat the smaller Mustang I.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed...I love my Mustang II, but for just $100, you cannot beat the smaller Mustang I.

For a solo practice amp, and recording direct, or playing in silence, it's the best amp I've ever used. If there is a gripe I have w/the 1, is it doesn't sound good cranked - but for $100, whatever, it wasn't designed for that.

My son has a Mustang 2, and it gets plenty loud and still holds it together.

• Members

I am totally in love with the MIII. Sounds killer, and I haven't tweaked it much at all, other than creating maybe two patches. It is the most natural, organic, tubey-sounding SS amp I've ever played, and it fills my needs quite nicely. Other than the build of the cab maybe not being able to take a regular beating, I could easily see gigging one of these, with another as a backup :)

• Members
I am totally in love with the MIII. Sounds killer, and I haven't tweaked it much at all, other than creating maybe two patches. It is the most natural, organic, tubey-sounding SS amp I've ever played, and it fills my needs quite nicely. Other than the build of the cab maybe not being able to take a regular beating, I could easily see gigging one of these, with another as a backup
:)

+1 the III is amazing

• Members

For the most part I'm also enjoying my Mustang I. I've had it for a while now and I'm still very impressed with all the great tones and fx you get for $99.95; but with the volume up, sometimes it just all starts to fall apart like a cheap suit and the merits of its price-point becomes apparent.

I find though that as long as I'm using moderate volumes and using it like Frets mentioned above, i.e. jamming along to backing tracks on the PC, then it's a great toy to have around. Lately I've been turning away from my tube amps just because I like built-in features and I don't want to be stressed about tube life if the amp is just sitting there cooking away being ignored.

Well, I think mixed reviews are often the best reviews - but bottom line - I'd still buy it again. I haven't heard anything from the Cube family so far that sounds as good as this one, but the Cubes do seem to be a more rugged machine.

• Members

For the most part I'm also enjoying my
Mustang I
. I've had it for a while now and I'm still very impressed with all the great tones and fx you get for $99.95; but with the volume up, sometimes it just all starts to fall apart like a cheap suit and the merits of its price-point becomes apparent.

The Mustang 1 does not sound good loud, there is no doubt. I didn't buy mine for anything other then being a quiet practice amp, and it's perfect for that. Recording wise, it's exactly the same as the 2/3/4/5/6, so it's great for recording.

$100, still can't believe how good it is.

• Members

I bought the III for a practice amp as well. It is just fun as hell to play through, and the LCD and tweak options from it make it that much better. I havent messed with the foot pedal yet, have any of you guys? I know you can link the 4 and the 2 button on it.

• Members

The Mustang 1
does not
sound good loud, there is no doubt. I didn't buy mine for anything other then being a quiet practice amp, and it's perfect for that. Recording wise, it's exactly the same as the 2/3/4/5/6, so it's great for recording.

$100, still can't believe how good it is.

Yes, I think it's the first inexpensive amp to come along and knock the Vox Pathfinder out of the "best value practice/bedroom amp" category, and it does it in spades with its myriad to tones and effects.

• Members

Just traded the Line 6 POD HD300 for the Mustang III. Absolutely love it. Very easy to use. Easy to get whatever sound you want, at a good bedroom sound. Haven't had it above 4. Don't know if it's an upgrade from the 300, but works perfect for what I'm doin .

Also ordered the 4 button pedal today.

• Members

For a solo practice amp, and recording direct, or playing in silence, it's the best amp I've ever used. If there is a gripe I have w/the 1, is it doesn't sound good cranked - but for $100, whatever, it wasn't designed for that.

My son has a Mustang 2, and it gets plenty loud and still holds it together.

My Mustang II sounds pretty stinkin' good cranked! The 12" speaker was the reason I opted for the II.

• Members

My Mustang II sounds pretty stinkin' good cranked! The 12" speaker was the reason I opted for the II.

Speaker in my II is fine. I had another speaker in for a bit but put the stock speaker back.

Same with my SCXD I really like the speaker after it broke in some.

• Members

Love my Mustang II. I use it every day. Stuff's going unused.

I think it's the best yet AFA modeling/practice amps go. I like way better than some marshall, vox, practice amps I have owned recently. No comparison really.

• Members

I bought my III shortly after my Tweaker went to the shop for repair. The Tweaker's been back a couple of weeks now and all I've really done is make sure it worked. I stay plugged into the Mustang III all the time. Really great sounding and inexpensive combo amp.

• Members

So this amp is better than the Microcube? I have the Micro and the little 5 inch speaker strains even at medium volume. I think I may have even damaged the speaker(gets a bit fizzy sometimes) and I never play at high volume, but lots of fuzz and gain.

Was thinking of the Vox ac4, but this is cheaper and I just play low and medium volume. I guess it has a 8 inch speaker..... Another 100 bucks, I can feel it slipping away!:facepalm:

Archived