Post your current rigs.

xrleroyx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

Love my Laney IRT60H going through my Laney 4x12! = Winning. Cool Engl as well.

Thanks. I really love the Laney, if any are my 'main' that'd be it. Sounds killer through the Jet City 212. The XXX is the newest addition to the stable, still trying to get used to the active EQ. The Engl is really neat though, I think the Gig Master is pretty underrated as far as the lunchbox heads go.

• Members

Here's some crappy images of my stuff. None of it in full working condition.

"Vagabond" Strat. Going to replace the electronics when I get the chance (and then get a better nut and better bridge).

2012-12-06230802.jpg

The body of my Charvel. Not quite sure what model. The single pickup suggests a Model 2, but they didn't have spots for 3 mini switches or a tone control. The Kahler is not original (was routed for a Floyd-style Kahler). Could be some wierd body from the factory, someone could've drilled extra holes for the extra controls, or someone filled in the neck/middle pickups and refinished it.

2012-12-06230845.jpg

The neck and body of my Jackson DK2 Reverse (with the OFR I had on it and a Carvin M22 that is likely destined for another project, possibly the next guitar)

2012-12-06231146.jpg

The Saga Strat kit body and neck that I bought just to mess around with. Was a bit too enthusiastic with removing some wood for the bridge posts (it was one of those units with both post inserts attached by a bar, like the GFS one here). Debating whether it's worth fixing up. I'd need to clean it up and glue in a block of wood before re-drilling

2012-12-06231256.jpg

And finally. My long-term, likely dead-before-it-lived, project. I started this in high school (10 years ago), but finances haven't been it's friend (my original plan was to build the neck and body myself, but I wasn't able to get enough done before I graduated, so I lost access to the necessary tools at school). Just tossed the Charvel neck on it (hence, why it's not with the Charvel body) and I think I might have screwed up the neck pocket. I didn't understand the importance of a proper, hard, routing template and simply free-handed it from a tracing I made. At this point, I think it's a lost cause.

2012-12-06230906.jpg

My amp. It's small, but it can get loud, and it works well enough for the little bit I need. Though, at this time, it sits unused.

ckNSa.jpg

I also have a POD XT Live.

• Members

Since I'm not playing with any band right now, writing and recording is how I've been spending my time musically. Here's the rig I use for that...

PICT0079.JPG

When folks hear me play these days, this is what they're hearing. DigiDesign Eleven Rack into an Akai DPS-24.

PICT0076.JPG

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bubkus_jones

View Post

That Mustang vintage or a reissue? Haven't seen that colour much outside of some mid-60's instruments and a Japanese model. Either way, really loving that rig. The guitars are very remenicient of a particular tv show I love. And make up 2 of the three guitars on my current "Must Have" list.

MG69-BECK. Had to import it, which was totally worth it because it's a freakin' orange competition Mustang! With a matching headstock! I also gave it a Mastery bridge and upgraded electronics (CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and switches, vintage cap). Great guitar.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Carbohydrates

View Post

MG69-BECK. Had to import it, which was totally worth it because it's a freakin' orange competition Mustang! With a matching headstock! I also gave it a Mastery bridge and upgraded electronics (CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and switches, vintage cap). Great guitar.

That's what I thought. One of the few guitars I'd seriously consider importing. cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Just need some clarification.

Does "rig" mean your current set-up being utilized (or somesuch) or everything you own?

What you use/is being utilized. "Rig" means to me, what you normally gig with, etc...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly

View Post

You've obviously never seen him play live. Takes 2 hours for setup, and changes guitars 3 times per song

It's some of the gear I get to choose.......it's not everything.

I'm booked to do a solo cocktail hour gig where I take 2 electric (one will have a trem) and 2 acoustic guitars and an acoustic amp (SWR California Blonde) and probably the AC30 or Top Hat Ambassador.

I usually don't do solo gigs. At my last cocktail hr gig, this guy stood in front of me while I played and later told me that I was the first guitarist he's ever seen doing Judy Garland, Elvis, Beatles and Clapton songs. He was very complementary.thumb.gif

Another told me," you're a man of 100 guitars".

They should only know.wave.gif

Archived