OT: Meh.

xrleroyx

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun

View Post

Haha. She's got you twisted. What is she doing spying on your private affairs? Did you invite her here? Is she a musician? No? Then she needs to mind her own business. Unless, she's going to be willing to wear a "wire" whenever she goes out with her girlfriends so you can make sure she's not saying things that you don't approve of - but we all know that is NOT going to happen.

Yeah, that really pissed me off to be honest. It was a little uncalled for, but she's a good person, and I know and like her friends.

I do appreciate the advice here fellas. It's why I like coming here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you truly care about her and you actually did what she thinks you did, its pretty simple. Apologize and mean it. Don't post things about her AT ALL, including pictures of her so others can comment on it, and lay off whatever forums got you in trouble, even if its here.

Good Luck.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ajympt

View Post

If you truly care about her and you actually did what she thinks you did, its pretty simple. Apologize and mean it. Don't post things about her AT ALL, including pictures of her so others can comment on it, and lay off whatever forums got you in trouble, even if its here.

Good Luck.

It's not the fact that I've been on forums that pissed her off. She's a feminist and doesn't appreciate some of the things I've said here. It's her beliefs and while I might not agree, I respect that.

That being said, nothing I'm saying here right now is any different than what I'd say to her face.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx

View Post

It's not the fact that I've been on forums that pissed her off. She's a feminist and doesn't appreciate some of the things I've said here. It's her beliefs and while I might not agree, I respect that.

That being said, nothing I'm saying here right now is any different than what I'd say to her face.

Seems like women are uber quick to call people misogynists these days. It's actually an issue that pisses me off because it's used too damn freely. There's a school of thought out there called "sociobiology". To be not aware of it, or to deny it, is to have your head up your ass.

Okay, I've studied just a bit of Greek and Latin word terms so let's break it down.

Mis = bad

then you've got your

Gyn word (everyone knows what a gynecologist is, right?) so Gyn = woman.

Geny = rise to

So anyway, misogyny is interpreted as giving rise to women hate. Nonsense, it's "women love" that gets us into trouble.

Now think about this, what's the opposite?

Misandrogeny? Nope, it doesn't exist in the dictionary. Women now measure men by their resumes and with rulers but yet they get a pass.

I'm totally sympathetic with "feminists", i,e, those that lived through the eras when they truly had something to bitch about. Now it's basically an inherited bitch session from women of the 70s and before.

Anyway, no choice but to play the game.

/rant and I'm drinking Stoli thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xrleroyx

View Post

That's not completely true. There IS sexism, but women can have power over men. Take me for example. There's nothing I wouldn't do for that girl.

Exactly, but you haven't studied sociobiology, nor has your GF, right? It's almost like holocaust deniers. The truth is so obvious. What is sexism in the realm of reality? People are hard wired.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sammyreynolds01

View Post

I've had this experience before. To be honest it was very similar and it was basically she was looking for a way out of the relationship.

I hesitate to comment, but I'd bet there's a chance you're right. My comments above are basically saying that she's pulling cliche' contemporary BS on you. If she loves you, she'd just smack you on the head and then ride your bones. Could indeed be fishin.

Do remember the wisdom of WC I posted above. My educational background is a Bachelors in Bio and a Bachelors in Business Admin. So I know how it works and I know how to structure a deal. But going through a divorce is where I got my Masters icon_lol.gif

• Members

In my earlier post, I said I hope it works if she's the right one for you. If you really want advice, let me say this: very likely no one is right for you at this time, since you are too young. You're both in school and in your early 20s. If I'm not mistaken, you celebrated your 21st a few months ago (I remember a thread). At this point in your life, you more than likely have not settled into the people you will be. If I compare the 21-year-old me to the 26-year-old-me and then the current 31-year-old me, you'll get some wild differences. I got married at 30, and if I had married the girl I was with at 21, I'd have made the worst decision of my life. You are going to change once you finish school and enter the next stage of life. Maybe the changes will be subtle, but they will be definitely there. And you may change even more. With women, the changes are often times even more drastic. My wife was a completely different person at 21 than she is now, and I can say the same of my mother, my sister, all of my aunts, and all of my female friends from childhood. Your 20s are the time to enjoy life and transition into the man you'll be for the rest of your life. Same goes for her.

My advice is to let it cool off, and see what happens. If you were legitimately mean to her, then apologise, curtail the behavior, and move on. If she's upset by harmless jokes due to a misguided view of feminism, then she has some maturing to do. Every relationship has compromise, and you have to ask yourself if you really want to make those compromises. An unwise friend shared a sort-of-wise phrase with me once, "Don't marry the girl you can imagine being with; marry the girl you can't imagine living without." Marriage is wonderful once you find the right person, and to find the right person, it helps to have settled into who you will be.

Anyway, you seem like a nice guy, and I really hope that everything works out for you. But I've seen friends lose all their freedom because they've tried to make it work with the type of person that gets offended by everything and doesn't trust them (by checking internet, phone, whatever).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GAS Man

View Post

Mis = bad

then you've got your

Gyn word (everyone knows what a gynecologist is, right?) so Gyn = woman.

Geny = rise to

So anyway, misogyny is interpreted as giving rise to women hate. Nonsense, it's "women love" that gets us into trouble.

Now think about this, what's the opposite?

Misandrogeny? Nope, it doesn't exist in the dictionary. Women now measure men by their resumes and with rulers but yet they get a pass.

The opposite of misogyny is misandry. And yup it exists in both the dictionary and in the real world.

• Members

If you like her you need to end this "meh" stuff and believe in the two of you. Act as though building a relationship with her is one of the most important things you will do with your life (It could be). Also give her the business regularly.

• Members

Lots of people taking huge leaps here. "Looking for a way out". Where did that come from? He said he had been kind of an ass to her for a few days. He needs to apologize for that and make it up to her. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Forget all the deep psychology stuff. If it is meant to be, this will be a long forgotten minor bump. All relationships have those, and that is the way it is supposed to be.

• Members

This is a public forum, though. Anything you say here is hardly private. It's not like she read your emails. That would be off limits, checking forums, whatever.

But then again, I dated a super cute girl that I met off a forum, so maybe I'm naturally careful about what I post in that sense.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

This is a public forum, though. Anything you say here is hardly private. It's not like she read your emails. That would be off limits, checking forums, whatever.

But then again, I dated a super cute girl that I met off a forum, so maybe I'm naturally careful about what I post in that sense.

For me, any women who has to investigate me shows she has a lack of trust which is not a good way to harbor a good relationship.

I agree with Gasman, regarding women get "a pass" far too easily in the western world. I love and respect women just the same as all human beings but being a women does not give you any more rights or the ability to "get a pass". Too often, women are allowed to get away with bad behavior, where a man would be chastised for acting the same way. For example, sexual harassment in the work place.

Radical feminists fall into the same category as misogynists.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

It's not radical feminism that's bad, it's a certain branch of what gets called feminism that gives them a bad rep, I think. Most of the feminists I know (and I call myself one, too) do believe that women should be held to the same standard as men, not better or worse.

The branch of feminism that gives feminists a bad wrap is called "radical feminism". Feminists are fine, I mean, I'm married to one. All humans are equal, or so I believe. Radical feminism... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_feminism

• Members

From that article, it appears to me that so-called radical feminism essentially disappeared in the 90s, so it's not terribly germane to the current discussion. I've been around feminists most of my life, and can honestly say that I've never met ANYBODY who espouses the ideas that are apparently attributed to this "movement". Seems to me it may be more of a theoretical construct than a reality, similar to many of the strawman...er...strawpeople wink.gif arguments... that are often thrown out by polemicists...

Archived