• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My personal favorite sg's:

-Standard with P90
-24 fret anniversary standard
-Junior, all versions.

Finish: The really dark aged "vintage' cherry, walnut, black.

Anyway: The one in the pic got snagged by someone else. I mailed the guy within the hour the add was online, but the price was so damn low it's no surprise someone beat me to itfrown.gif

• Members

I've been playing my white 1988 SG Special II a bit lately, it's really got a great feel. It has an ebony fretboard, I changed out a lot of the hardware cause it was kind of crumby but the body, neck and frets are top notch:

88sgfullgood.jpg
sgbody1.jpg

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

69sgbody1.jpg
69sgheadstock1.jpg

with the volute:
Image9.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by orourke View Post

I also have my first good guitar, bought it new back around 1972, it's also been modded over the years:

69sgbody1.jpg
69sgheadstock1.jpg

with the volute:
Image9.jpg
I learned to play on one of these!

I seem to recall an LP style pickguard though. And I did put a DiMarzio SD in the bridge and removed the cover from the neck pup.

Was a great axe to learn on for a little kid that couldn't really shoulder something big and heavy.

• Members

I've had two Gibson SGs but flipped both of them for a profit. I have a nice upgraded Jr that I recently refinished and an LTD that I Junior-ized.

I also like to sort of split the difference with LP DCs. I've had two Gibsons and have three Ibanez of that ilk.

DSC_9702a1800.jpg

DSC_6628a1.jpg

Archived