Any SG love?

thom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't care too much for sg's in the beginning. It was after I recently got a 2012 model with a 50's neck is when I really like what I hear. I think in the past two sg standards I got it had a 60's slim neck and the tone was maybe thin. This one sounded fuller! Really digging the sounds out of it and my back feels great since its pretty darn light compare to my les Paul's.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vintage clubber

View Post

My Bigsbyfied Epi Faded Cherry model. I love the satin finish and neck binding on this guitar. Pickups are the Entwistle HV-58's with Mojotone raw nickel covers...love.gif

IMG_5815.jpg

Is the Bigsby on crooked or is it just the picture?

• Members

I absolutely LOVE SG's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I bought one at beginning of Dec.....liked it so much I bought another at end of Dec.....do NOT play any other guitar now....in fact my PRS and Heritage are up for sale! (Keeping my strat).

• Members

Here is my current number 1. Well I have two number ones, as I switch between tunings. This one gets the most play as lately I've been favoring slide and open E.

It was my main gigging guitar for a while, I was in school and fairly broke, so when half the wiring {censored} the bed, I gutted it and ran it with just a switch for almost two years. I finally had enough extra cash to order some quality parts.

418050_10151236368787911_4330572_n.jpg

I recently traded this one. A killer, killer guitar. One of those ones that just sings. Despite that, I bought it as an impulse and it wasn't quite the SG of my dreams. I love them, but three almost identical ones was a bit much. So off it went. Hopefully I'll be replacing it this year with a nice 61 Reissue, or maybe a VOS or a vintage one. Depends on what I find used for a good price first. I have a small specific list of specs, so it might take a while.

554865_10150639329187911_1254333068_n.jp

I'm slowly putting money away, as I pay off the student loan crap. I have a small list of "dream gear" that if I come across for the right price I'll pick it up. At least half the list is SG or SG related haha. I can't get enough of the stupid things.

Archived