Site Is Breaking Down Again, Yes?

Cobalt Blue

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jrockbridge

View Post

Your detailed knowledge regarding chronic, compulsive masturbators is disturbing. Perhaps, people reading this who've bought guitars from you are just now realizing the sticky feeling on the neck might be something other than finish. eek.gif

Nah, they can rest comfortable. That's just recalling fond memories of my youth biggrin.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl View Post
Just bumping this thread to celebrate the WORST day-in terms of speed an crashing-that I've seen here in a long time.

I think MF is punishing us for calling them out on their bull{censored}, sharing pricematches, etc icon_lol.gif
Yeah, this.

• Members

I believe the problem was kinda sorta alluded to by Anderton a little while back -- it's the vBulletin Archiving function.

Recently, I noticed that you can only go back 45 days in forum threads according to their last-post-date, whereas, in the past you could go back for several years. Now, the active archive (in the database) is much smaller and all of the threads/posts that are older than 45 days are stored in an inactive "archive" forum database.

Apparently, the active forum locks up briefly as older threads are pruned from the active forum and copied to the archive forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have experienced the same thing from time to time, and a lot more recently. Having said that, I don't go on nearly as much as I used to. I used to really like the user review section years ago when I could jump from reviews on one Fender amp to another with a few clicks. Now it's too complicated to go from one to another so I have pretty much given up on Harmony Central's surrent version. Years ago I was on it eveery day, now maybeonce every few weeks. For a while I tried to find a way to contact them to ask about navigating around the new user review site, but couldn't even do that. So much for "user friendly".

• Members

Forum performance has been horrible lately. HC's site used to be so awesome. Thinking back to the mid-90s on into the 2000s. Over the years, they have pretty much borked the entire site and the forum is one of the last remaining good/useable things. And now it seems to be barely hanging on. Sad.

• Members

I emailed Musicians Friend and actually got an email back about how much they value us here at the Harmony Central forum and how they're gonna look into keeping the forum running properly. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If nothing gets fixed, it will likely be because not enough people were emailing them about it. all ya gotta do is go to Musicians Friend main website an click on their contact us link and theres a email message link there. Its the same with everything, if not enough people give them hell they're not gonna do anything.

• Members

I don't know WTF is wrong with me, continuing to return to this site. It's so totally F'd up. Takes forever to load, if it indeed ever does

Provides a huge litany of internet vocabulary for failure to load, connect, try again, etc.

But somehow,

Somehow -

I-Cant-Quit-You.jpg

But if the day ever comes that I find a better form of internet entertainment than chatting electric guitar gear with my buds, I'm outa here.

Guess I'll head over to Mark Wein's to see if there's any new threads of interest over there.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...uitars-Guitars!

• Members

I have it from a good, reliable source that HCEG will soon be up and running with the speed and capacity of most websites. They decided to put some real money into this promotional forum by investing into a professional grade server.

commodore_pet_2001-321.jpg

This should be a major upgrade from their Atari system.

Archived