know your trolls

jjpistols

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After being part of the FDP for two years I was declared a troll and banned. I witnessed the money scam they were using over there calling it donations, like it's for a charity. I did some math and that dude had pulled in like a $150,000. So I lit into them and was banned like 10 times. If you read all of his small print it tells you it's a business, but it seems unetical to me they way they present it.

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

You must have missed his famous "The only REAL strats are black strats with maple fingerboards" and "Digital cameras made after 1992 are for morons" rants.

//S

WOW! I wish I had known that. I guess ya learn something every day!

:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Jkater

As english is my second language, I have been wondering all along what a troll actually is. I understood when the word came up in posts that it is not a compliment but still don't know axactly what the word mean. Can someone help me.

Thanks

Recently my neighbor died after 5 years battling cancer but there is a bright side. He owned a '61 Les Paul he inherited when he was 3 years old from his father who was killed in Viet Nam. Here's the good part. The guy didn't play guitar and it was mint. His widow said she could either pay the mortgage or buy food for their disabled son but didn't have money for both. I asked her how much she needed for food and she said $200.I told her that Danny's "old" guitar was worth a few hundred to me so she got it from the closet and sold it to me. $150.00! SCORE! Next month I'm going to offer her $500.00 for the "old car" that's been sitting in their garage since the guys father was killed in Nam, a '63 Corvette split window coupe with 2000 miles on it.

Oh and Bon Jovi is better than Hendrix, SRV and Jimmi Page combined, Agiles are {censored} and so are Gibsons!

• Members
Originally posted by mamberg

I didn't read the definitions, but it comes from fishing.

In fishing, trolling is dragging {censored} through the water, and seeing what bites.

Here it is the same thing, just replace 'water' with 'forum'

That certainly makes sense.

However, the loutish mythological creature that lurks under bridges or in mountain caves and preys on hapless passers-by also has a certain ring of authenticity to it.

And, the little gonad-less dolls with the Don King hair make some sense in this context (correct me if I am in error).

troll%20-%201.5.jpg

L->R: AHM, SKY-nut, Megadeth7etc, Old Fender Guy, Gretsch Guy, Digital Jams

• Members
Originally posted by markas214

Recently my neighbor died after 5 years battling cancer but there is a bright side. He owned a '61 Les Paul he inherited when he was 3 years old from his father who was killed in Viet Nam. Here's the good part. The guy didn't play guitar and it was mint. His widow said she could either pay the mortgage or buy food for their disabled son but didn't have money for both. I asked her how much she needed for food and she said $200.I told her that Danny's "old" guitar was worth a few hundred to me so she got it from the closet and sold it to me. $150.00! SCORE! Next month I'm going to offer her $500.00 for the "old car" that's been sitting in their garage since the guys father was killed in Nam, a '63 Corvette split window coupe with 2000 miles on it.

Oh and Bon Jovi is better than Hendrix, SRV and Jimmi Page combined, Agiles are {censored} and so are Gibsons!

{censored} dude, you are funny. I probably should not post this, somebody would not get the sarcasm and satire and go off. Oh well.:thu:

• Members

Dude, I scored the original '59 Bassman from that same widow woman! There were twelve fist-sized rolls of benjamins tucked inside it that the original owner had stashed there...probably money he made in trading contraband on the black market in wartime Saigon. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

Dude, I scored the original '59 Bassman form that same widow woman! There were twelve fist-sized rolls of benjamins tucked inside it that the original owner had stashed there...probably money he made in trading contraband on the black market in wartime Saigon.
:cool:

I just bought the old sketch book she had from Danny's Great, Great Uncle Vinnie for $300. I really feel good being able to help out. Danny Van Gogh was the kind of guy who'd give you the shirt off his back. I feel so bad for his widow especially since her stroke.

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

make a list of regular HCEG trolls

Ya know JJ, I got nothin' but respect for you... but by definition .... that post is kind of a "Troll" ...:D :D ;)

Sorry, had to be said :evil:;) . But if I didn't flip the sh*t someone else would've!
dookie.jpg
--Phrostbit

• Members

I just bought the old sketch book she had from Danny's Great, Great Uncle Vinnie for $300. I really feel good being able to help out. Danny Van Gogh was the kind of guy who'd give you the shirt off his back. I feel so bad for his widow especially since her stroke.

Yeah...I picked up a couple like that in a flea market in Soho a few years back. Some great-grandma from Little Italy was unloading some of her knick-knacks and tschotschkes and I ended up with some really old sketchbooks by this Lenny DaVinkie (hard to read because he signed everything backwards) and "Big Mike" Angelo Buono-something-something. I should put 'em on Ebay and see what I can get for them.

• Members
Originally posted by Phrostbit

Ya know JJ, I got nothin' but respect for you... but by definition .... that post is kind of a "Troll" ...
:D
;)

Sorry, had to be said
:evil:;)
. But if I didn't flip the sh*t someone else would've!

dookie.jpg
--Phrostbit

step into my office - you're {censored}in' fired!

998SAM_Harland_Williams_001.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Lucius

I've only meaningfully trolled once in my native land of Victoria, BC.

http://www.livevictoria.com/index.php?action=browse_messageboard&new_subject=215231&current_board=3&PHPSESSID=94af382515bd636cd546c3af44260c8a

I couldn't believe people thought I was serious. Cheers Lucius

"Please dress according to the instrument you play." :D

• Members
Originally posted by jerry_picker

That certainly makes sense.

However, the loutish mythological creature that lurks under bridges or in mountain caves and preys on hapless passers-by also has a certain ring of authenticity to it.

And, the little gonad-less dolls with the Don King hair make some sense in this context (correct me if I am in error).

troll%20-%201.5.jpg

L->R:
AHM, SKY-nut, Megadeth7etc, Old Fender Guy, Gretsch Guy, Digital Jams

But I like Megadeth7684 (I used to hate him) and OFG! :thu:

The others I could do without.

• Members

You guys chased my favorite troll out of here last summer--Gretsch Guy. It was Pat Benatar's wife (whatever that dude's name is). He's a freind of Elliot Easton and Ed Roman.

Neil Geraldo?? Yeah. That was it.

He was awesome because you never knew when someone was gonna push his buttons and make him go off. Great drama. And Pat, herself, has always grossed me out, even though he swore Ed Roman wanted to bang her.

• Members

Gretsch Guy was kinda funny sometimes but I definitely don't miss him. I'm 100% sure he was nobody famous though and the NG stuff was an act.

Originally posted by docjeff

You guys chased my favorite troll out of here last summer--Gretsch Guy. It was Pat Benatar's wife (whatever that dude's name is). He's a freind of Elliot Easton and Ed Roman.

Neil Geraldo?? Yeah. That was it.

He was awesome because you never knew when someone was gonna push his buttons and make him go off. Great drama. And Pat, herself, has always grossed me out, even though he swore Ed Roman wanted to bang her.

Archived