Your favorite 'les paul killer' guitar

chimi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Thunderjet Superb Matsumoko build quality Great sustain despite the bolt on neck. Plus coil taps if you want to go more strat. I love it. All the way from Grunge to Jazz it works and feels far more "pro" than the money they sell for (just had a look on ebay they are a completing at under $100 !, thats a gift really, buy one and set it up, you can't go wrong)

Note: It is quite different from the standard Thunder in the way it plays

If I have any small criticism it is that the coil tap reduces output a lot so you have to initially set the HB volume down a bit to give you the headroom when you switch

Thunderjet.jpg

• Members

My tele with a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF in the neck is insanely thick sounding. Blows a lot of LPs away.

Tele LP

That Les Paul is also a Les Paul killer. Those P90s are super fat and chewy, gives other humbucker Les Pauls a run for their money.

Les Paul

Tele

• Members

Fernandes Ravelle Limited. (not my pic, but mine's just like the one in front). The Custom Custom in the bridge and the '59 in the neck are the best pickup combination I have. And yes, I'll take it over just about every Les Paul I've ever played in terms of tone, playability, and WEIGHT.

OH HAI

• Moderators

mattburnside wrote:

Fernandes Ravelle Limited. (not my pic, but mine's just like the one in front). The Custom Custom in the bridge and the '59 in the neck are the best pickup combination I have. And yes, I'll take it over just about every Les Paul I've ever played in terms of tone, playability, and WEIGHT.

OH HAI

Oh dear Lord, that Gretsch Anni gives me sex wee leaks:(

Archived