Zero's Agile Owner & Enthusiast Bar-- cheap guitars, cheap drinks

Mister Zero

• Members

Well I went and looked at the Turser SG copy and IMHO the red Agile is far closer to the the Gibson 61 RI SG. The 61 RI is Gibson's take on the original. Agile does a great job on their version. They use mahogany and say so, the Turser does not say what would it uses for the body. The Agile pickguard is the same as the 61 SG RI and their pickup rings and covered pickups are far closer to the real deal than the Turser.

If a mass produced guitar does not do it for you I would suggest a custom built axe from a luthier. The Agiles are not going to be perfect guitars for every person. The beauty is you can buy a good guitar for cheap and mod and upgrade as you like. That is the fun part of this.

gt5litre

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My only real gripe with my LP2500 CSB, is that the high E has a metallic kind of a buzz/hum/crang noise. its not quite fret buzz, i think it sounds like its coming from near the nut though. i tried a slight truss adjustment and raising and lowering the action, but nothing helps. it can only be heard while unplugged but i think it is taking away from sustain on that string.

SO... people who had to do truss adjusting, how much and which way did you turn it?

• Members

Originally posted by JVanDe7

My only real gripe with my LP2500 CSB, is that the high E has a metallic kind of a buzz/hum/crang noise. its not quite fret buzz, i think it sounds like its coming from near the nut though. i tried a slight truss adjustment and raising and lowering the action, but nothing helps. it can only be heard while unplugged but i think it is taking away from sustain on that string.

SO... people who had to do truss adjusting, how much and which way did you turn it?

Truss rod adjustments are guitar-specific, and degree of adjustment and/or tightening-loosening will depend on the particular guitar.

If you haven't done so already, change the strings on the guitar. That may solve your noise issue. While the guitars offer alot of value, they don't come with very good strings.

• Members

Originally posted by JVanDe7

the high E has a metallic kind of a buzz/hum/crang noise.

Mine did that too. Turned out it was the treble E bridge screw rattling. Pluck the buzzing string, then put your finger on each bridge screw in turn to see if the buzz stops. If it's a screw, use a small screwdriver to bend the retaining clip so it holds the head more securely (be careful it doesn't slip and gouge the finish!).

• Members

Originally posted by Qengho

Mine did that too. Turned out it was the treble E bridge screw rattling. Pluck the buzzing string, then put your finger on each bridge screw in turn to see if the buzz stops. If it's a screw, use a small screwdriver to bend the retaining clip so it holds the head more securely (be careful it doesn't slip and gouge the finish!).

I keep a $1 bottle of clear nail polish in my tool box so I can put a dab on the threads to keep them from rattling.

• Members

Alright so.....

So our other guitar player's on vacation, the keyboard player didn't work out and it seems that nobody even bothered to call the singer. I'm thinking, hmmmm, sounds like power trio time to me. So I throw the Mastertone laden Agile LP2000 into my bag this morning.

O M G ! ! !

That thing is an absolute beast! Anything you ever wanted in a heavy crunch axe. This was really the first time I've been able to play it in this context. Can't wait to do it again!

Oh, did I just bump this thing?

I 'spose I did. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Crusher

Proud Agile owner here
:D
I customized mine a little though, added a Seymour Duncan Custom P/U in the bridge and an S.D. '59 in the neck. Running .09's for strings. Sounds incredible
:D

How does that SD '59 sound? I was thinking of swapping mine for something brighter, and keeping the stock bridge pickup

• Members

So how is the upper register access for you DC owners out there?? I'm lookin REAL hard at the DC and that is probably my only complaint about my LP2000.. The upper fret access is typical LP lousey;) Is it any better on the DC?? Burgess?? You own both right?

• Members

Originally posted by Axeslinger

So how is the upper register access for you DC owners out there?? I'm lookin REAL hard at the DC and that is probably my only complaint about my LP2000.. The upper fret access is typical LP lousey;) Is it any better on the DC?? Burgess?? You own both right?

I own both. The DC has pretty unrestricted fret access, comfy for me up until about the 20th fret. At that point I'm playing on the heel, which is different, but still doable. I find the tones on both to be similar, but the DC has slightly less bottom, and is slightly more punchy.

• Members

Agile 2500 CSB
59 Duncan in the neck and bridge
Schaller strap locks

the neck 59 is F'in amazing!!! i have had it for about a week and i love it. i just bought the 59 for the bridge and it is pretty good but not perfect like the neck. anyways this guitar is a beautiful thing. i'm playing through a 15 watt "Orange" solid state amp so i guess i'll have to wait a few weeks till i get a tube amp to really feel her out. (i'm thinkin fender pro jr, or blues jr)

• Members

Originally posted by Axeslinger

I'll concur with Mr 0.

Upper fret access is significantly better then the LP but there's still a heel so I couldn't really say unrestricted. For example, the Jackson Soloists with their neck-thru design have absolutely no heel and I'd call that unrestricted.

Bottom line, I can access the 22nd fret no problem, all six strings. I have good size hands. For smaller hands, the heel may be an issue but it's much better than a single-cut.

• Members
Originally posted by colon cleanser

I am totally gutted about this. No international shipping from Rondo so no chance to savour what you are all drooling over!!!!!
:mad:

Your best bet will be to watch EBay and look for a seller that will ship to the UK.

There was also a forumite that said he was willing to purchase and ship to Europe. He lives near Rondo.

...and welcome to the forum.

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

I'll concur with Mr 0.

Upper fret access is significantly better then the LP but there's still a heel so I couldn't really say unrestricted. For example, the Jackson Soloists with their neck-thru design have absolutely no heel and I'd call that unrestricted.

Bottom line, I can access the 22nd fret no problem, all six strings. I have good size hands. For smaller hands, the heel may be an issue but it's much better than a single-cut.

My hands are small compared to most, and I have some trouble with the upper frets, because the heel is slightly in the way. I dont notice it as bad as I used to, I think because Im just getting used to it:)

• Members

I'm also intrigued by the Agile strats (somebody posted a couple pages back about this). It's hard to pass up the LP, DC for 250 but those strats are Alder and Ash and the tune-o-matic bridge is a VERY cool idea on a strat. those would be a lot of fun to hot rod out, and from what I can tell would sound more than decent. Anyone picked one up, either the transparent ash model (that pickguard is ugly on that model!) or the sunburst alder?

• Members
Originally posted by Burgess

Your best bet will be to watch EBay and look for a seller that will ship to the UK.

There was also a forumite that said he was willing to purchase and ship to Europe. He lives near Rondo.

...and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't posted here for a coupla years and of course my original nick and 100+ posts are long history. Back then it was an hilarious but annoying place with C21st at the height of his Kramer trolling with Blueburst foaming at the mouth and Daddyguitar pouring oil on troubled waters. Seems much improved.:D

• Members

I've been wondering about the Strats with the tunamatic...anyone know if they have modified the neck angle on those guitars to go with an LP style bridge...with a normal strat neck angle, it would be impossible to get a playable low action...the bridge has to sit too high, and the pickups would be too far below the strings...

Archived