Zero's Agile Owner & Enthusiast Bar-- cheap guitars, cheap drinks

Mister Zero

• Members

You're not likely to see Samick in any of the big Mega-Music stores. Where you will find them is in the little Mom n Pop or the strip mall stores. There's actually two shops near me that carry Samick and in both cases I think it's their best line. :(

If you contact SamickUSA, they can put you in touch with your area's Samick Rep. He/she will be able to tell you the nearest dealer. Not likely that the dealor will have that exact model but you could get an idea of what the guitars are built like.

I have heard stories that more jazzers are starting to leave their treasured L5's at home and taking a Samick to the gig. Jazz clubs might not be the best environment to a bring guitar worthy of a glass case in a museum.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Number 3 Agile arrived - Amber Flame 2500. Best neck as is yet. Still going to do a slight leveling to get rid of the low E buzz. The nuts are higher than the Gold Top P90. Neck pickup is a bit too hot/muddy, going to lower it a bit to clean it up. Hate those hex nuts on the switch, I have some old switches that have round knurled nuts, they look much better. Doin the cardboard under the top hats to keep the top from being cut. Good flame.. Question.. are the 2500s photo flame on mape or the real thing? They are lookers for sure and play great for the cost. Don't think I'll be putting my 61 PAF init though... I really like the tone of the Gold Top P90, reminds me of the 58 Les Paul TV with a dog ear p90 I had years ago.. Think that's going to be it for now, unless a 1275 comes out, which I guess Kurt considered.

• Members

i'm psyching myself up to ask around to borry money in order to put together my dream agile machine : a blue flame cutaway w/ rio grande either bbq or fat bastard pickups.... idn... i have one p-90 guitar that i love to death, (reverend slingshot custom) but i dont really have a humbuer equipped guitar, other than my lowest of the low epiphone basher. i wanna start igging soon, and i was wondering if my backup or alternate guitar should also have p-90s, since i adore the sound, or if i should get a humbucker guitar. any thoughts? and on a different wavelength, how incredibly sweet would an agile firebird be?:D

• Members
Originally posted by madhatter0212

and on a different wavelength, how incredibly sweet would an agile firebird be?
:D

Now thats' an idea nobody thought of yet...:)

That actually sounds pretty cool....if they did a bass one it'd be even cooler:D

• Members

Originally posted by madhatter0212

...i was wondering if my backup or alternate guitar should also have p-90s, since i adore the sound, or if i should get a humbucker guitar. any thoughts?

Get a straight HB axe. LP, SG copies, whatever. Just make sure you can do neck and bridge humbucker with it.

You really should be able to cover at least the Strat and LP sonic ranges IMO.

• Members

Did I see a Silvertone on the Rondo site? Does that mean they're going to start carrying the Paul Stanley models I saw in Guitar Player? Like that one that's kind of a space-warped Flying V? I don't know what it is about those wacky guitar bodies, but I just can't seem to help myself. Please stop me before I buy again!

Nah, I'm OK...I feel better now. I guess I could just contact the Rondo site, but it just feels so much more comfortable here in the bar...Mind if I sit here...Hot enough for ya?...

Michael D.

• Members

Originally posted by ProfaneOath

Reflex,

The color on that DC is the "blue flame" available on the rondo site, correct? It's not some other color you found or anything...

Yes, it's the blue flame, But as you can see, it's really kinda of a burst, with a narrow darker outer edge.

All this talk about Agiles is tempting me to buy #4...and #5...and...

A flame top PRS style, maybe even a slight variation on the theme, with top binding that has that natural wood look, would be sweet too. A $299 PS-970, I guess.

• Members

Originally posted by ref|ex

Yes, it's the blue flame, But as you can see, it's really kinda of a burst, with a narrow darker outer edge.

All this talk about Agiles is tempting me to buy #4...and #5...and...

A flame top PRS style, maybe even a slight variation on the theme, with top binding that has that natural wood look, would be sweet too. A $299 PS-970, I guess.

I would LOVE that guitar if they made it a bit more PRS-like. 25" scale, a 5-way switch, and a stop tailpiece or a vintage-type trem. I'd be all over that.

• Members

I think I've reached my new guitar quota for this year. 3 Agiles, 2 Ibanez and a Gibby.

I'm just gonna enjoy playing and modding for a while. It is interesting to see what Kurt will put out next. There was a suggestion of a Flying V. Ah, the anticipation...

• Members

While I love my lefty amber 2500, for some reason, I don't have the desire to shred on it. I find it lends itself more to rhythm work as opposed to lead playing. Anyone else feel the same way?

• Members

Where there are screws, there are holes when you take the pickguard off. I prefer no pickguard normally, but with the CSB LP2500 I have I took it off and then put it back on, as I prefer that particular guitar with the pickguard on. My amber flame LP2500 came without one and I like it that way.

I have a couple of other brand LP clones that I have removed the pickguard and like them that way.

Call me crazy...

:eek:

• Members

wow - nice - if it comes out well, would you consider making a few more to sell?
I look forward to seing the pictures!

Now barkeep, a pint of Sierra Nevada, please...

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I have a problem in that I don't like the cheap plastic pickguard Agiles have so I'm making one myself out of a piece of flame maple. I'll post the pics soon.

• Members

mine is the amber color. the original photo of these guitars showed no pickguard yet when i got mine it had one on it. i dont mind. i like the option of being able to have it on or off. instead of drilling holes myself. i'll post pictures today. i would take some right now but my camera only works good with a lot of light and well its raining outside AGAIN.. the hell.. i'm in vegas.. its been raining for like 2 weeks. :(

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I have a problem in that I don't like the cheap plastic pickguard Agiles have so I'm making one myself out of a piece of flame maple. I'll post the pics soon.

I'm definitely considering a Gibson replacement pickguard myself.

Archived